Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supply and demand

• 23-04-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Iv the special edition pre booked in my local smyths with a 25 euro deposit, But I might be working that day, so it could be half 5 before I get to pick it up. Just wondering what are a persons rights with pre booking are they guarantied a copy?

Was just thinking with the huge demand stores might start selling off copy’s of pre orders if the person is late. Would they be able to do that? Or is there a contract involved in a pre order?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Depends on the store, if they have a copy for you (they could have more pre-orders for that version than actual copies) they'd generally hold it a day or two. Not sure how long Smyths specifically would keep it for, you'd have to ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

They usually hold them for a day or 2. Contact the store and they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I used work in Smyths and pre-orders are held for 48hrs if I remember rightly.

If you care that much, just ring them the day before hand and tell them when you'll be in to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I was in my local gamestop paying off the rest of my GTA and he said he was happy he wasnt working tuesday because they have so many pre-orders they dont know whether they will have enough stock to go around.. So those off you who actually really want this in waterford and have it pre-ordered in gamestop go down at 9am!!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Personally, im probably gonna wait til next week to get it. I'll watch some gameplay videos on youtube and see if i like the final product. I've seen gameplay where the streets are practically empty and i didnt like it.

So if the finished game looks good, i'll get it :)

Advertisement