Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mods

Options
  • 23-04-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

how dp people become moderators?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

By not asking for it. :)

Also by being helpful on the forums, behaving themselves and if needed then the site administrators and other moderators will pick a user out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

They are usually asked by an Admin or Smod. This can happen if a poster has a particular interest in an area and has shown themselves to be a responsible poster. Other than that, there are no hard and fast rules to becoming a mod.

One last thing tho' if you go on about being a mod and ask to be one all the time, then it will probably never happen, except if your name is '6th'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mods are picked by the admins of the site. If an existing forum or new forum needs a mod they look at who are good contributors to the area of interest, if they have a level head and a good posting history then it might just happen. If a forum needs a new mod or an old mod is stepping down then the other mod/s can make suggestions to the admins but again the final decission is down to them.

delly wrote: »
    One last thing tho' if you go on about being a mod and ask to be one all the time, then it will probably never happen, except if your name is '6th'.

Never heard of him/her >_>

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sabotage wrote: »
    Never heard of him/her >_>

OMG, you have the powerz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

you have to be a bollix

lisaloo wrote: »
    you have to be a bollix

Would that mean your indirectly calling me a bollix?

I'm not a bollox lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

thanks that was informative and fast! no im not too keen as yet, i dont have the time anyway, just curious thats all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

im just kidding, im sure that ye are all very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not an amp test in sight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Sherifu wrote: »
    Not an amp test in sight :)

whats that then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

shakin wrote: »
    whats that then?

A test* that was devised/created by Amp to determine whether someone was worthy of a moderatorship or not. The boards.ie wiki is a bit b0rked at the minute. I'll post a link soon though. What the good people have explained above answers your question quite honestly though.

Also, lol @ Terry.

*when I say 'test' I mean 'wind-up'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement