Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun first dates

Options
  • 23-04-2008 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

hey does anyone know where to go for a fun date all i ever do is go to a restaurant then a pub any other options i'm missing here???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You could try bowling in Carlow or Waterford? There are plans in place for a bowling alley to be installed in the new shopping center shortly. Perhaps, someone else could shine some light on when it's opening?

Other ideas:
    Dolly Parton Concert (Joke :pac:).
    Cinema.
    Theater.
    Live band.
    Pitch N' Putt/Crazy Golf (Not sure if there any around KK).
    Karting.
    The funfair currently in town.
    Amusements in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No crazy golf but there's a pitch 'n putt at the Pococke on the Johnswell Road. Karting down in the south of the county near Waterford (Kiltorcan).

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Pococke is par 3 golf (at least it was a few years ago) which is longer than pitch and putt...
    There's a pitch and putt in lacken, drive in to the hospital/SEHB and it's just there in front of you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

[QUOTE= There are plans in place for a bowling alley to be installed in the new shopping center shortly. Perhaps, someone else could shine some light on when it's opening?

the latest new's on the long awaited bowling alley, is that it will be opening in july if you can belive that..... :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware there was a difference between pitch and putt and par 3. Consider me educated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

ah thanks guy!!

i would love the theatre the most i think but i have yet to find a bloke that enjoys it

will the cat laughs be any good??

Its always a great laugh. Book your tickets early, the more popular shows sell out fast.

ah good stuff!!

i have never seen tommy tiernan live any comments ??

I saw him at the cat laughs a couple of years ago, he was very good. Keep in mind most of the cat laughs shows are 3-4 comedians doing about 30 minutes each rather than the 1 guy doing a full show. Although Dylan Moran was an exception to that a couple of years ago. He was in the Watergate by himself for about an hour and a half. Top stuff!

ah good, my mates are so sceptical about new things but i will get around them eventually lol
    the rythm and roots festival is this weekend have you ever been to that before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 bigmurt

i passed the bowling alley in macdonagh last weekend and the door was open . i looked in and - there's nothing done there , no floor or anything , just a big concrete space .

tommy tiernan is always the first to book out . this year his gig with maeve higgins was the first to book out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

the latest new's on the long awaited bowling alley, is that it will be opening in july if you can belive that..... :rolleyes:

LOL. Sure it is. Maybe one of these days all the stores will be open :rolleyes: The Juncton is a joke because of this.

Advertisement