Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marino fourth year advice please...!!!

• 23-04-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hey all

i've applied to do primary teaching this year but im still torn between pats and marino......ive been flicking through the boards and to be honest marino appears to come out on top a lot!!!which sways me a bit.....
    i was just wondering about the job opportunities for graduates as they only graduate with the pass degree??
    and also i know that you attend Trinity for an extra year to obtain the honours degree...does anyone have info on this as the trinners website isnt the best - what are the hours??and is it tough going??
    also i know that in pats they have to do a dip year where an inspector visits them......do you still have to do that in marino also???
    would really really appreciate your help with this!!!change of mind form has to be in by May 1st!!!!

cheers all!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Yes, in Marino you also have to do a dip year.
    Alot of students from Marino/Froebel with their pass degree obtain a job(ie: do their dip year) and attend college by evening/night for the year in order to get their full honours degree.
    All Students coming out from college have a pass/honours degree qualification however to be fully qualified as a primary teacher you need to pass your dip year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Hiya,

Just a heads up, i think you're a bit confused...the change of mind option on CAO opens on May 1st and stays open until the 1st of July...you can change your mind as much as you want between May 1st and July 1st free of charge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

oh yeah 1st july.........sorry was a bit confused yeah.....its been about four years since i applied for the CAO last time so excuse the confusion....i knew may 1st date was in there somewhere!!!!cheers for that!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

im in pats and i cant reccommend it enough, entering my final year next year and no regrets, the thoughts of doing my higher level at night whilst teaching during the day is beyond me...get in in 3 years in pats.

if you have any specific questions pm me im not going into a big rant now!

Advertisement