Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand luggage (a la RyanAir)

• 23-04-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Just went to book on-line tickets with RyanAir and I got to experience all those nice little extra charges whereby you want 1 or more check-on bags, you want on-line check-in, priority boarding...etc. :rolleyes:

Adds Up! So I stopped the booking, and we're going to try do a 2 week vacation (2 adults + 2 children) in a sunny climate with 1 piece of hand luggage each.

So, my bargain Alert Request is.. where is the best place to buy a decent piece of hand luggage (with handle & wheels) of the dimensions 55cm x 40cm x 20cm? Not looking for the cheapest of the cheap... more value for money.

Yes... 4 pieces of hand luggage is going to cost more this trip than paying for some check-on, but after 2 or more trips :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

If you're near a TK Maxx they often have good quality cases Samsonite etc available at a decent discount, however don't make the mistake i made in thinking of continuing to look around if you see something good there buy it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Dada, Debenhams sometimes have good reductions too on Tripp luggage during their sales - got some nice rollie cabin baggage there myself after Xmas! Just to remind you too tho' that you only get to take 1 small plastic bag of toiletries per person with you so you'll need to buy stuff like sunscreen etc there, again, it all adds up. What we usaully do is check-in 1 bag for the 2 of us, put all the liquids in that and take 2 cabin bags as well. Works fine with most airlines (i.e. Aer Lingus!), can be a challenge with Ryanair and their 15kg limit on checked in baggage tho' as it doesn't take much to reach that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

A friend bought a case in Argos for 10.99 there a while ago. Works fine for hand baggage with Ryanair. Decent enough quality as well.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=2861962

Advertisement