Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Car Warrenty Help

Options
  • 23-04-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

Hello All,
    Just need so help as to what to do about this (sorry about the long post):

Purchased a new car on the 05/03/2008. Since then there has been a number of problems have arisen. First off there was wind noise coming into the car went back to the dealer and waited three hours while they sorted it. Took car and problem still not resolved.

Car went in a second time to get this issue sorted and I also told them there was a squeak/squeal coming from the car when I hit the accelerator was told they would look at it.

Went back the following day and was told everything was sorted including the squeak/squeal the noise was a loose panel under the car.

Took the car and lo and behold squeak/squeal still there went out with head mechanic and he heard the noise. Said he could not hear anything the day before when he checked the car. So went back they said a pulley was gone in the engine and a part would have to be ordered. Last Friday they collected the car and fitted the new part.

Between yesterday and today I have noticed the squeak/squeal is starting to come back as it did before.

Now I think I have been reasonable up to this point but this many issues with a new car can't be a good sign. So what can I do in this situation? Can I hand back the car and ask for another one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ring citizens advice.Had same issuse with Auto exchange btw dont buy from them:D.Theres also a crowd called ism i think there details are on back of your sales docket the green slip you got.It was after i found out about them they regulate car dealers best of luck they are hard to beat give no satisfaction :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ring citizens advice.Had same issuse with Auto exchange btw dont buy from them:D.Theres also a crowd called ism i think there details are on back of your sales docket the green slip you got.It was after i found out about them they regulate car dealers best of luck they are hard to beat give no satisfaction :mad:

SIMI :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Maybe your model of car is just poorly built? I don't know what you expect the garage to do if that's the problem.

If its a squeak from the cabin the best thing you could do is to stop wasting the garages time and try and fix it yourself with a lubricant or something. Wind noise... you didnt say what speed you were going but you know I would imagine that sound is from... the wind...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

The car is a Volkswagen Golf GT. The squeak is coming from the engine. They Resolved the wind noise (driving between 80 to 100 km/h) by replacing all the seals on the drivers door.

If the car is poorly built I would expect the Garage to replace it as they are the ones that sold it.

SIMI only deal with used cars according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You might have better luck posting on the Motors forum, where there are plenty of tales of woe about Volkswagen service. SIMI represent 'reputable' new and second hand car dealers but are in effect a cartel and will probably not be much use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I bought a new car two years ago and had a few problems also. I brought it back, under warranty, several times and I was fobbed off like you. When my hubby brought it back, it was like hey presto, all problems solved within a few hours.

Advertisement