Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge group.

• 23-04-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to setup a gaeilge group in WIT, but I'm extending the offer to those also outside of college.

If anyone is interested in joining, drop me a message on here or on this thread.

I'm setting up a very casual metting for every thursday night for about an hour and a half in a pub yet to be decided, to 2 hours to speak Irish in a relaxed and friendly environment.

The level of Irish is not important (mine isn't that great!) - It's just the effort that counts. After everything is up and running, I'd like to organise a social excursion to Rinn.. or maybe up to galway. Anyone with a passion for their native tongue or just want to rekindle their love for Irish, or even just want to improve their Irish for exams - this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Anyone who thinks they can help anyway in the background, that would be great. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Is mise le meas,
    John O'B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Is brea liom an smaoineamh!

My Irish is terrible, and the older I get, the more ashamed I am of it. I'd like to help get something like this going.

Hope there's some interest in it, ní Tír gan teanga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sound Jim. I dropped you a message on the other place with the details :)

We're going to meet up next thursday at 9:30 in T&H's for anyone who wants to come along. Drop me a private message if you want my number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Will be in France for the first one unfortunately. Best of luck on the meet and I really hope it goes well!

Thanks Roen. Hope to see you at future meets. Speak soon!

John.

• Advertisement

Guys, we're going to meet up a little earlier this thursday. Will be there from 9PM onwards. Drop me a line if you need my number.

Cheers,
    John.

Good night last night. From now on, we're going to start in Harveys. It's quieter and more space for us. Next one will be thursday 2 weeks, due to exams and what not. Anyone is more than welcome to come along, just drop me a message.

Slán

Advertisement