Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mecca time

• 23-04-2008 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7359258.stm
    A prominent cleric, Sheikh Youssef al-Qaradawy, said modern science had at last provided evidence that Mecca was the true centre of the Earth; proof, he said, of the greatness of the Muslim "qibla" - the Arabic word for the direction Muslims turn to when they pray.

I think this bothers me more than anything else about Islam. Why can't the religious just leave science to scientists? The only other thing I can say is these people have a lot of time on their hands.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

Lol, thats so true, these religious fanatics do spend a leeetle too much time pondering- its nearly as embarrassing as the Pope's announcement of additions to the 7 Deadly Sins (makes you wonder if they'll have to make bigger magnum boxes now! :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The guy is a joke. The BBC shouldn't even waste time with people like that.

Advertisement