Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me figure out what Alloys I'm thinking of?

Options
  • 23-04-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've seen wheels that I like on random cars driving by around but I've no idea who makes them so I can't find them online.

They're 5 spoke wheels, fairly wide spoke but the spokes slope way back into the rim. They don't go out to the edge.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about I'd love to hear from ya.

Cheers.

If I find pics of anything similar I'll post them up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

how far back into the rim do the spokes go?? any logo's on the mite help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

they go back pretty far.. I haven't seen them close enough to get a logo. I'd say the spokes could be at a 45 degree angle but the center of the wheel (were the studs go in) would be flush with the edge of the rim.

these aren't a million miles away but the spoke goes ALOT further back into the wheel

945.jpg

nearly like the reverse of these
    tra3708.jpg

Circlar wheels? iv got a set on my celica

no. Fatter spokes and they're way further back than those.
    Nice wheels though :D

You see the way your wheels have curved spokes? well the ones I'm thinking of go straight back at a slant. They're not really curved at all.

Its so frustrating trying to figure out what they are!!

• Advertisement

ok iknow the ones your talking about almost like a dished steering wheel but wit 5 spokes rather than 3!

like this

stecleary wrote: »
    like this

yeah, now that's a bit closer... if only I could figure out who makes them!!! I've only seem them in passing and I want to have a good look at them before I decide if they'd suit my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Is this what your after

GTR9.jpg

eireal wrote: »
    Is this what your after

GTR9.jpg

No. If the spokes sloped back instead of forward on those we'd be close.

• Advertisement

there is a mnc meet on tonight il ask some of the lafs if they know them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

EDIT -

These?

Autopart%20Wheels%20Lenso%20RS5%20WEB.jpg

no he wants it so the center cap sits flush wit the lip of the rim while the spokes slant back in towards the center of the rim

stecleary wrote: »
    no he wants it so the center cap sits flush wit the lip of the rim while the spokes slant back in towards the center of the rim

Yep, thats it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

like this?

no, not those either. stecleary has the idea. Hopefully he's gonna come back with a make today.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

what car have u maybe the wheel u see might not fit ur car

osnoyl wrote: »
    what car have u maybe the wheel u see might not fit ur car

I have a Passat. Those ones aren't right either. BUT lads I REALLY appreciate the posts. I hope I'm not annoying ye here.

If I can find them online then I can find out if they'll fit/suit the passat.

http://www.aez-wheels.com/404_EN.0 try this u can pick ur car and put the wheels on it to see what they are like

• Advertisement

cool site. Thanks. Just gotta find the wheels I'm looking for now

ShayK1 wrote: »
    no, not those either. stecleary has the idea. Hopefully he's gonna come back with a make today.

rite lad your in my bad books now! iv searched every site i can come across looking for these wheels and ges wat cant find them any where!!!:mad:
    Iv see loads like wat your looking for but your gonna pay MEGE money for them their all chip foose wheels
    http://www.chipfoose.com/wheels.aspx?LinkID=tn8

prob the closest iv seen! what cars have you seen them on?

Sorry!!! I've seen them on a few cars from astras to celicas but I guess I'm just gonna have to wait to see them again and get a make off them.

I'm annoying myself too man but f*ck it!! I really like them. I really appreciate the efforts though.

^^^^
    ah dont worry about it im dien to know what they are now!! how did the look on the celica? thinkin of changin mine!!!! hint hint!!lol

obviously if I'm going to this much effort to find them, they must've been nice!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

three_spoke_alloys.jpg

got them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

theyre not the auld classic tsw venoms no?

gebr.%20velg%20tsw1.JPG

nope. I don't think I'm gonna find them until I get a make off the actual wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Next time you see them, if the car is stopped, why not leave your name and number under the wiper???

Advertisement