Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV Leaked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

or using the dedicated boards gta forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=828

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Cremo wrote: »
    or using the dedicated boards gta forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=828

Whoops only searched this forum, powers that be will do what they have to.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yes you right, i am disapointed to, very slow rendering, i think Saints row looks far more better, damn, and driving a car is like hell, very poor, i think times is over voor GTA, GTA3 looks and plays better, and this is not
    joke.

I hope this is a beta version or something

Very disapointing
    solider32 wrote:
    Guys, i think you all will be disappointed about this game.
    now i hav played 2 hours. The gameplay is good but, the probleme is that the
    game is loading all the time buildings, streets, peopele, cars very very very slow.

:cry:
    I am ver disappointed, i think that the ps3 version will be better, because in the begining
    you have to install 10 gb on your space.

**** xbox 360 :evil:

DVD DL is to smalllllll

early reviews on a certain board i use

I think the richness of content that Rockstar meticulously deliver in GTA games
    will make this a worthy purchase i for one will be lining up on tuesday for this only because i enjoyed the three previous outings so much. And as for Saints Row looking better, whether it does or not i don't think off angled video cameras with over washed footage can compare just yet i will see in upcoming days when better vids come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Helix wrote: »
    early reviews on a certain board i use

What site is that from???
    Just looked at GTAgaming and couldn't find anything on Xbox loading problems.

• Advertisement

its from a site i cant name, because it offers things i cant name, to use on an xbox which has things i cant name done to it

basically these are actual gamers, not reviewers, who are playing the game right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

basically these are actual gamers, not reviewers, who are playing the game right now

"gta 3 looks and plays better"

Jesus....

Yeah they seem to know what they're talking about! I'm not cancelling my preorder just yet.

"gta 3 looks and plays better"

Jesus....

Yeah they seem to know what they're talking about!

theyve played it, we havent

surely theyre far more qualified to know if it plays better than gta3 or not?

regarding the visuals, i assume they havent installed the game and are running from the dvd, coz thats already been confirmed to be a bit glitchy

Maybe the reason GTA 3 looks better is because there watching youtube quality vids either that or they're THQ employees.:D

mancduff wrote: »
    Maybe the reason GTA 3 looks better is because there watching youtube quality vids either that or they're THQ employees.:D

erm

theyre playing the game

• Advertisement

erm

theyre playing the game

Are you playing it?

What's the general consensus from the site your reading, affiliated with. Are they the only two opinions.

mancduff wrote: »
    Are you playing it?

What's the general consensus from the site your reading, affiliated with. Are they the only two opinions.

no my modded box rrod'd rather ironically on monday night, and im not about to mod my other one for this when i have it preordered for tuesday

theyre the only 2 reports so far, the site is an xbox site

So has it been confirmed that the 360 version offers an optional install?

edit - just saw helixs post in gta forum.

PS3 has splitscreen, 360 doesnt.
    PS3 has mandatory install, lasts 10 minutes
    360 has framerate issues WITHOUT install
    PS3 takes longer to load
    PS3 version seems to be more populated
    360 has a brighter color pallet for a "cartoony look"
    PS3 has a more relaxed color pallet for a more "realistic look"

Is this hearsay or confirmed?
    theyve played it, we havent

surely theyre far more qualified to know if it plays better than gta3 or not?

C'mon...they could be 14 year olds playing on a 20 year old telly! just cos they've played it doesn't automatically lend creedence to their opinion.

it was confirmed ages ago that there was an optional install on the 360

and youre just presuming, based on nothing other than hype from magazines who dont want to offend rockstar and miss out on a future exclusive, that these guys absolutely MUST be wrong

again, theyve played it, you havent. yet youre defending it as if youve got hours and hours racked up on it

and youre just presuming, based on nothing other than hype from magazines who dont want to offend rockstar and miss out on a future exclusive, that these guys absolutely MUST be wrong

again, theyve played it, you havent. yet youre defending it as if youve got hours and hours racked up on it

Theres a lot of idiots out there with modded 360s. A lot.

had they posted that it was an amazing game you wouldnt have the same stance

fanboy, pure and simple

had they posted that it was an amazing game you wouldnt have the same stance

fanboy, pure and simple

haha You're a riot.

whatever you think yourself

or whatever youre told to think by hypemongers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

How do you know they've played it?

Saying they've played it, and then saying it's crap, sounds like attention seeking to me.

Positive impressions have been universal from all corners of the games media, including many sources I trust to be impartial a lot more than some random people with poor grammar on a dodgy website.

And I note the main problem the second guy says he has is that stuff is slow to stream off the disc, could that be a symptom of a poor quality DVD-R perhaps?

steviec wrote: »
    How do you know they've played it?

because the game is available in the thread theyre commenting on lol

• Advertisement

steviec wrote: »
    And I note the main problem the second guy says he has is that stuff is slow to stream off the disc, could that be a symptom of a poor quality DVD-R perhaps?

nah, it would be a symptom of not installing it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Hey all, I'm almost reluctant to post this but. . . I played this for about an hour or so in my mates place a little earlier (que all the "Yeah right, your mates place" comments). Anyways, I have to say, I came away a little disappointed. Lots and lots of loading screens, cars are very hard to control (although I did seem to improve the more I played), I found the camera to be a bit annoying (seems to do some autocorrection type of thing after you move it from side to side). Also noticed that after a loading screen, you'll be standing on an empty street for a few seconds before all the vehicle/character models magically appear. The gunplay is nice (kinda similar to Crackdown).

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but in my opinion it's just nowhere near as good as we were led to believe.

I'm not expecting the greatest game ever made to released on the 29th but i'm sure i'll enjoy it, not one gta game was flawless, even more so now i've been making my way through VC and SA for the last month - so many annoyances i'd forgot how awkward VC was to control and SA, well the gunplay in that is almost a chore, but rockstar seem to just get it right coz i've had so much fun this last month making my way through them. I'm hoping for a similar experience with GTA IV - variety, multiplayer, moments that make you crunch over with laughter etc etc that's what i can't wait for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

gloobag wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm almost reluctant to post this but. . . I played this for about an hour or so in my mates place a little earlier (que all the "Yeah right, your mates place" comments). Anyways, I have to say, I came away a little disappointed. Lots and lots of loading screens, cars are very hard to control (although I did seem to improve the more I played), I found the camera to be a bit annoying (seems to do some autocorrection type of thing after you move it from side to side). Also noticed that after a loading screen, you'll be standing on an empty street for a few seconds before all the vehicle/character models magically appear. The gunplay is nice (kinda similar to Crackdown).

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but in my opinion it's just nowhere near as good as we were led to believe.
    That makes me even more unsure about getting the 360 version :(

ShaneU wrote: »
    That makes me even more unsure about getting the 360 version :(

I have to get the 360 version it's the only console i have **** getting a George Forman for this game. Its the first day of speculation i'm gonna give it a few more days before i start worrying. The 360's loud enough without me contributing to it by shouting at the stuttering gameplay - god i hope gloobags wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

It seems to be alright once you store it on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I wouldn't get too worried just yet. When the proper retail version with install runs like shit, then you can think about dumping your 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Any word on the size of the install on the 360 hard drive??

10gb i believe

• Advertisement

Yeah I wouldn't get too worried just yet. When the proper retail version with install runs like shit, then you can think about dumping your 360.

the leak IS the proper retail version

early versions are unsigned and only run on developers machines

Advertisement