Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV Leaked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So are people still complaining about slowdown after installing it on the 360? Has anybody said what kind of difference the install makes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no slowdown problems from installation

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Helix wrote: »
    10gb i believe

10 GIGS are you sure, that will leave 3 left for people like me who have a premium 360, the ps3 is reported to have 5 gigs installed so why so big for us.

Also http://hosted.filefront.com/YNWA2505/ good quality vids by some mickeymouser who can't hold a camera phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I will reserve judgement until when its been approved by MS.

mancduff wrote: »
    10 GIGS are you sure, that will leave 3 left for people like me who have a premium 360

ill get clarification on that for you when i can

cant find out first hand due to rrod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I reckon the best bet is to wait just 5 more days to see what will actually be ture and false rather than falling out over it on a forum before hand. I'm in a position where I may have a copy for my 360 on launch day, but if I don't, a mate definately has, and another mate has one reserved for the PS3, so if need be I can find out on Tuesday exactly how much space the install takes up on each machine.
    Relax lads!! Don't fall out over it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I can say with 100% certainty that this game does not install on the 360. And there is absolutely no option in the menus to do so either. When you pop in the disc, the game just starts up (i.e. no startup menu screen). All options can be found by pausing the game. Under the Game tab in the pause menu, the only options are: Load, New and Autosave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are you connected to live? Maybe you need to update the game before it lets you do the install. That said I've only ever seen an install option for the 360 talked about in one review, and people are claiming that was fake.

gloobag wrote: »
    I can say with 100% certainty that this game does not install on the 360

from the bloke i know who has been playing it the last few days
    when i stuck the game in it said "You need to run an install to play this game, do you want to install now?"

and i clicked yes

so, one of you is wrong

ill know for defo later, my xbox has apparently come back from the dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Had a quick look around and the general consenus is that the PS3 has a mandatory install and the 360 has an optional install.

This is probably down to the arcade sku not having a hard drive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a lot of conflicting info out there as to whether there's an optional install or not. Most people who have played it seem to say no.

do we have any sort of constant in the no group? ie version of xbox, harddrive capacity, and harddrive space free?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There better be an install opeion on the 360 if there is one of the PS3. Otherwise the PS3 version will run far better, which sucks balls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Kiith wrote: »
    There better be an install opeion on the 360 if there is one of the PS3. Otherwise the PS3 version will run far better, which sucks balls.
    Not necessarily. The PS3 version may simply need it more due to the BR drive's slower streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Guy here is playing on the 360 - great quality.

Didn't notice any real slowdown issues or loading screens: http://www.justin.tv/swiftor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

There is none of the issues that people were giving out about visible on that version basquille just posted. It looks fúcking incredible,every single bit of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Agreed Melion. The poor "review" is a load of crap.

A similar negative review emmerged about Halo 3 being sh1te, days before it was released.

I look forward to seeing this thread sink next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

silvine wrote: »
    Agreed Melion. The poor "review" is a load of crap.

A similar negative review emmerged about Halo 3 being sh1te, days before it was released.

I look forward to seeing this thread sink next Tuesday.

That was true though! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

basquille wrote: »
    Guy here is playing on the 360 - great quality.

Didn't notice any real slowdown issues or loading screens: http://www.justin.tv/swiftor

lol, is that actually a live stream of yer man playing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It would appear so...

lol, is that actually a live stream of yer man playing it?

Yeah it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Melion wrote: »
    Yeah it is

He's not playing GTA anymore??

Im watching him play it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He better be playing it an hour from now when i get home and can watch it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I seen on a website that the PS3 is an optional installation due to slower reading of BD and the Xbox360 has no option to install att all but it still runs fine. Thanks for the link above I've been watching it for the past while n it looks cool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Helix wrote: »
    10gb i believe

If a DVD-R can hold 4.7gig I can't imagine how the install would be 10gig, unless you download through Live.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

grizzly wrote: »
    If a DVD-R can hold 4.7gig I can't imagine how the install would be 10gig, unless you download through Live.

A DVD-R can hold 9Gb. Most current 360 games are about 7Gb. But your point is still correct about it needing more than that on the HDD. Unless it was all compressed. But then it would be super slow if it wasn't uncompressed onto the HDD.

Advertisement