Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV Leaked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

if theres no install, maybe ill get an arcade pack after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Watching the stream now - it looks fooking amazing fears laid to rest.

Some cars handle like boats, others don't. I don't know why the cars tilt so much when turning but the guy playing on the stream says it's good and easy to get used to. No slow down from what i've seen and the guy on the stream says it not installed. Game looks great, bring on the 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Get a premium. It's worth the extra moolah and is handy for DLC. RUmour has it that the DLC for GTAIV could be a whole new city...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im playing it lads and its bloody unreal. Its basically like real life.

btw ive it fully paid off and am getting the "actual" game tuesday when it comes out just the wait was killing me.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Keith186 wrote: »
    I seen on a website that the PS3 is an optional installation due to slower reading of BD

ps3 installation is compulsary from what ive heard, theres no option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

dazftw wrote: »
    Im playing it lads and its bloody unreal. Its basically like real life.

lol, no its not.

He's playing in Mountjoy.

silvine wrote: »
    He's playing in Mountjoy.

No, Cloverhill. Mountjoy are to busy slopping out.

woot

i now have in my hand, gta4

preparing to put into 360

100% clarification on installation asap

• Advertisement

Theres no option to install it.

never made it far enough to check

rrod is back with a vengance

Whos actually played it on a HD telly?

Compared to all other GTA's and other games ive played its unreal the graphics are amazing it really looks like new york! The level of detail is crazy!

silvine wrote: »
    Get a premium. It's worth the extra moolah and is handy for DLC. RUmour has it that the DLC for GTAIV could be a whole new city...

not getting the DLC because theres no broadband in most of west cork and certainly not where im living! if theres no install, im getting an arcade pack and can get a HD later if need be.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    not getting the DLC because theres no broadband in most of west cork and certainly not where im living! if theres no install, im getting an arcade pack and can get a HD later if need be.

Whats this install thing your talking about? Theres no installing for it on the xbox...

some people thought there would be one. arcade pack ahoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    some people thought there would be one. arcade pack ahoy!
    he's playing a pirate version, that doesn't mean it won't be on the retail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So it seems there's no install but perhaps the game still utilises the hdd (if present) as a cache to improve performance. Does anyone know if R* ever talked about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There's no option to install on the Xbox 360 version whatsoever.

ShaneU wrote: »
    he's playing a pirate version, that doesn't mean it won't be on the retail.
    Leaked version is retail.

• Advertisement

Yea the only thing I have noticed is sometimes if your going fast through the city and stop the ground and buildings render a second or two later.. kinda annoying but its ok!

Anyone who has ever played a graphically intensive game on PC will be more than familiar with that!

Yea I remember that use to happen in COD4 and BF2.. I dont play much pc games anymore.. damn xbox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Who cares if the textures take a sec or two to load.

It's better than a frame rate drop. Sure all of the unreal 3 engine games suffer with it. Gears Rainbow Mass Effect and they're all rockin games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Helix wrote: »
    10gb i believe

Not unless they uncompress and dump the whole thing onto your HDD.

Anyway I can't imagine why they would have the option on PS3 but not on 360 if there were problems that it could fix. It wouldn't make sense, they'd at least have cached it on the HDD.

I call bull on everything until I see it for myself or R* release it or a reputable website releases the info. All this is just speculation at the moment. We would have heard from reviews earlier about framerate problems, they don't pay off every review site :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well a simple look on the net shows you what the games like

the games retail version is leaked, its being played all over, even so by members of this forum

failure to take into consideration of there accounts is just silly

rockstar cant go do anything now so close to release date, games finished, pakced ready to go.

the final game is the one being played.

and the accounts your hearing here im taking into consideration

im still gna buy the thing, although i never even heard of this whole hdd upload install ****e...

its the one thing consoles had over pcs, installing games...so much for that anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Helix wrote: »
    never made it far enough to check

rrod is back with a vengance

lol @ 360s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have installed nothing and not been asked to install anything on 360. :confused:

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I have installed nothing and not been asked to install anything on 360. :confused:

Theres no install on it at all.. Its something to do with the PS3.

No accounts will be banned for playing it early they could though ban your console for being modded.. So if its pirated play it offline until the game is actually released (where im hoping anyone who has it pirated will buy it) play it online with the actual game disk..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

b6vk0j.jpg

Advertisement