Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.s. Airways

Options
  • 23-04-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

U.S. Airways seem to have some great deals on at the moment. I got a flight from DUB - LHR - PHL - SFO - PHL - DUB for 410 (332 + tax) with U.S. Airways for the end of June, which is a great deal, if a bit in-direct

Does anyone have experience with U.S. Airways on Transatlantic routes?

I'm flying from LHR - PHL on an A330 and onwards on an A319. Unfortunately, my return flight from PHL is on a 752.

I have flown with U.S. Airways twice between SFO - LAS and have found them pretty good.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I cant tell you about the transatlantic route but internally in the US its a bit hit and miss depending on what a/c are used and where the crew are from. US Airways took a lot of the former America West A320s which were a bit shabby to say the least. On flights over 4 hours, they have IFE, but again this is dependent on the seat that your in and the age of the aircraft. The thing I do like about them is that you can choose your own seat, and if you go back online 24 hours before (maybe 48) you can change your seats and get the emergancy exit rows. Plus if you have the money, subject to availability, you can upgrade to business class. Its not that much more expensive.

PHL - SFO is a good 6ish hours, depending on the headwinds it could be longer. Dont expect anything in the way of in flight meal. Better to get something to take on board before you fly. Overall its an ok experience, better than southwest, not as good as jetblue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They do fly direct SNN and DUB-PHL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Get a frequent flyer account with them - their FF club is generous, plus you can top up (buy) miles easily - with the dollar low this can work out well for award travel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

We flew US about 3 years ago ( DUB-PHL-SFO and return )

The aircraft from here to PHL was so tatty that Ill be honest for the first time in years I actually wondered about the maintainance ( I thought it was a 767 but my memory could be playing tricks ). The exterior paint of the aircraft was actually peeling off , and the interior was very tatty indeed with broken seats etc( I remember the row behind us the people had to split up/move because the seats were broken ) I don't remember any IFE , there certainly was no seat back IFE. Between PHL and SFO we were on a A319/20/21 ( can't remember ) it was clean/modern.

Now as for service , they were exactly the same as any other American airline , non-descript.

Between PHL-SFO it seemed to go on for EVER , the meal consisted of a 'paid for' burger in a box if you wanted it.

Now this was in 2004 so it could have changed.

Advertisement