Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith for Bedroom Door

Options
  • 23-04-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone have an idea how much a locksmith in Cork city would cost to come out and open a bedroom door. The key is gone missing and we can't get into the bedroom. Would be extra in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

If its a common type of key (Basta/Union) with a # on the top part, try other keys from around the house, and keep note of the #. Failing that ask neighbours for a loan of keys.
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hybie

thanks mate but neighbours don't and the other keys don't work. Somebody told me a few minutes ago that a DIY shop would have the whole bunch of keys cause its a Basta one and that they'll give them to me if i give a deposit and when i find the correct key, i'll come back and they'll cut it for me. Anybody know if that's true??

I think that you would have to go to a local kind of D.I.Y shop, not the likes of Woodies, and I think you can just ask for a key, IE Basta # 11.
    I'm not 100% sure.
    Let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

There are about 18 keys in a basta set.

Cuneens or MacLock should be able to give you a set to try, usually for a deposit.

Half of them wont even go into the lock though, so dont try force them. You will notice a groove on the key itself. Half of the numbers face one way, and vice versa.

Also, to be sure it is a Basta lock, take a look at the other locks on the other bedroom doors. If it's a Union lock, the bunch of keys is gonna be a whole lot bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hybie

Got it sorted today lads...thanks for all your help! Got a set of Basta keys from key-cutter and found the right one. cheers

I'm delighted that you got sorted. Now make a list of all door key types and numbers, and store it safe. Just in case another key gets lost.

Advertisement