Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my portfolio?

Options
  • 23-04-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi! I'm a web design student and I need help building my portfolio! Everyone in my class is making sites for their friends and family, but I don't know anyone who needs a site made! Anyway, what I'm saying is if anyone needs a website made (and doesn't mind that my skills are pretty basic!) send me a pm or reply and I'll see if I can help you out (for free of course!)
    Here's a site I made (I know it's not very good but I've gotten better since then)

http://blanchardstown.webmasters2008.com/

Thanks!

P.s. If you have any criticisms on the site I posted they would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Here's a site I made (I know it's not very good but I've gotten better since then)

...why not do some work on that site until you get something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

You've got time on your hands and you want to build up a portfolio...

Rather than look at developing sites for friends and family, why not think of an idea that has the potential to make you some money?

The worst that can happen is that you don't make a cent, but you have added to your skillset and your portfolio. On top of that, there's the chance of developing your business skills and making a little money.

Start by thinking of what people might want to read about and/or a service that your website can provide.

I've 1000 ideas... if only I had the time to develop them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BarrierReef

Just sent you a pm, I have a small business and website www.slipnot.ie , I could do with someone to do some basic maintaince on it from time to time. If your any good, I might even pay you a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Offer work at adverts.ie, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement