Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Made Stopmotion (13+)

Options
  • 23-04-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

A clip I made as a kind of promo for a festival of which I am a big fan. It's rated 13+ so be aware!
    Try this link to see the clip.

default.jpg
    The festival in question (International Film Festival Rotterdam) was held three months ago. Its mainly about showing of films of independent and new movie makers who otherwise wouldn't be able to show their movies. The films shown are from all over the world and all themes and sorts.

So even with the festival already gone yet, perhaps you enjoy this amateur clip I made as a kind of promo for it.

Comments are welcome,

Greetz
    Yason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Cool. and a suiting choice of music too. I wouldn't say it's innovative enough to win something though, did you enter it? don't mean to be so critical, I do like it. What software do you use to create these stopmotion animations btw? Roughly how long did this take and did you actually use plasticene or is it computer rendered?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Groeneg

Cool. and a suiting choice of music too. I wouldn't say it's innovative enough to win something though, did you enter it? don't mean to be so critical, I do like it. What software do you use to create these stopmotion animations btw? Roughly how long did this take and did you actually use plasticene or is it computer rendered?
    1. No I did not win anything. There was no competition. It was just a clip made be a fan of the IFFR
    2. I used Stomotionpro. I started with a free version.
    3. This clip I made during 2 weekends.
    4. I used FIMO which is less sticky then plasticine and has more color. I used some 800 digital still pictures to make this.

Omg that's so much work. can I ask what you do for a living - seems like an interesting profession

can I ask what you do for a living
    Ehh. U first. What do u 4 a living?:p

I do feic all, basically i'm an architecture student in belfast and lookin for other mediums in which to break out of after college (although i'll probably stick with architecture). I just like the idea of making a living out of art and creative stuff..

• Advertisement

I'm making a living as a freelance business consultant.
    Animation and other creative stuff I do as a hobby.

Making a living as an animator is very hard. There are but a little few who manage it. :)

That's an interesting hobby to have. I'd like to get into it but the amount of work involved seems hard to justify it..:(

Not to be sound philosophical, but isn't life full with that?

So i encourage you to just try it. There's free software on the internet to start with and everybody nowadays has a digital camera of some sorts.

Good luck! :D

Advertisement