Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy's "Ronaldo is a disgrace to the game"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Dunphy is a former football. Just because you don't agree with him, does not mean he knows nothing.

He is over the top I agree, but he has more authority than any of us to give his opinions.

He was up for United anway.

my opinions on this are the exact same as wat PHB just said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I don't think Ronaldo dived once in that game, he did however make a meal of a number of tackles. That's not actually diving, there was contact each time.

Diving = going down with no contact

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Gerrard dives plenty.

Clever play I think it has been described as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I don't think Ronaldo dived once in that game, he did however make a meal of a number of tackles. That's not actually diving, there was contact each time.

Diving = going down with no contact

There's no difference imo.

Bad sportsmanship and bad for the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

TBH I think it's pretty clear that Dunphy hates Ronaldo. I don't pay any mind to anything he has to say about the boy because of that.

I can understand why he'd hate him, Ronaldo is a 'new breed' of player, he's not a grafter or a no-nonsense player. He's a high profile, cocky, skillfull, fast , light-weight player and any old lad is going to look down on him because "in their day" a player like that wouldn't last a minte on the pitch without getting taken out.

Ronaldo's a prat, but he's an amazing player and great to watch. He's pure entertainment, far more so than any player of Dunphy's generation (I know you're not allowed to criticise past players because that means you obviously don't aprpeciate/know anything about soccer... right).

Yes he goes down like a sack of ****, which is pathetic considering he's quite a built fella these days, and when he dives it embarasses even me, but for every one time he dives, there'll be three times he gets clattered by the opposition and doesn't get a FK because of his reputation.

Besides, anyone with Deco - the prize graduate from the Mourinh school of cheating - on their team can't really complain about 'simulation' (UEFA's favourite euphamism for cheating).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

by this point i completely give up listening to dunphy, do you remember when he was totally anti ronaldo-nothing he could do was right, then he wrote "i was wrong about ronaldo" in his paper article, talkin about how amazing a player he is....and now he is back to hating him, the guy flip flops more than an olympic gymnast......altho "ronaldos not a player....he's a cod" was a rediculously funny statement! it was good entertainment but i cannot take that man seriously!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I thought Dunphy and Giles were brilliant last night unlike Ronaldo, who was utterly depressing to watch.

I just wonder when the numerous united posters here will realise that it is Ferguson that needs the boot. In 22 years at the world's richest club he has won the CL just once. And that was an outrageous fluke! It's not like they've been in a host of finals either (unlike Juventus say). It was actually Roy Keane who ensured united got their chance to put their hands on the CL trophy. Keane would have kicked the living **** out of Ronaldo last night for a truly petulant and childish display.

Cost of a ticket to the Camp Nou? €50.00
    United's midfield? Worthless
    Seeing Ronaldo miss that peno? Priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I thought Dunphy and Giles were brilliant last night unlike Ronaldo, who was utterly depressing to watch.

I just wonder when the numerous united posters here will realise that it is Ferguson that needs the boot. In 22 years at the world's richest club he has won the CL just once. And that was an outrageous fluke! It's not like they've been in a host of finals either (unlike Juventus say). It was actually Roy Keane who ensured united got their chance to put their hands on the CL trophy. Keane would have kicked the living **** out of Ronaldo last night for a truly petulant and childish display.

Cost of a ticket to the Camp Nou? €50.00
    United's midfield? Worthless
    Seeing Ronaldo miss that peno? Priceless

Mmm yes, lets get rid of Ferguson and Ronaldo and bring back Keane. It all makes sense now.

adox wrote: »
    Mmm yes, lets get rid of Ferguson and Ronaldo and bring back Keane. It all makes sense now.

Who said that? Just stating a fact.

1 Champions League in 22 years with the richest club in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Who made them the richest club in the world?

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Who made them the richest club in the world?

Beckham hype? :D

Who cares? Just think how much richer the club could be if AF had been able to win a little more where it matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

People go on about Ronaldo being hyped, Messi is just as lauded, it's the nature of football. Messi did nothing last night IMO, he had a couple of tricks and a few nice touches, he had no final ball thou. He is a wonderful talent, and deserves praise, but not on last nights performance, he simply wasn't effective enough against Uniteds defense and they needed a different approach, if it was such a World class performance, Frank would have left him on and not taken him off in the 60th minute, just back from injury or not it was a game Barca could have done with winning.
    If Messi played up front on his own, how do you think he would have done?

The fairer question would be if Ronaldo played for Barcelona last night instead of Messi how would he have done? The tie for United would be over, that's the difference between the 2 players at the moment in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Boggles wrote: »
    People go on about Ronaldo being hyped, Messi is just as lauded, it's the nature of football. Messi did nothing last night IMO, he had a couple of tricks and a few nice touches, he had no final ball thou. He is a wonderful talent, and deserves praise, but not on last nights performance, he simply wasn't effective enough against Uniteds defense and they needed a different approach, if it was such a World class performance, Frank would have left him on and not taken him off in the 60th minute, just back from injury or not it was a game Barca could have done with winning.

The fairer question would be if Ronaldo played for Barcelona last night instead of Messi how would he have done? The tie for United would be over, that's the difference between the 2 players at the moment in my opinion.

You are having a laugh, Messi had a great game for a player running at about 75% just because other players didn't finish chance he created you can't say he was ineffective.
    He was the outstanding player in this game surely?

emc2 wrote: »
    You are having a laugh, Messi had a great game for a player running at about 75% just because other players didn't finish chance he created you can't say he was ineffective.
    He was the outstanding player in this game surely?

Point out what he did? Barcelona had no clear cut chances.

Carrick who was one of the worse players on the pitch was closer to scoring than him.

The match stats would suggest differently Barca had 8 shots on target to uniteds 1.

The match stats would suggest differently Barca had 8 shots on target to uniteds 1.

How does that suggest any differently? We are talking about Messi, he had 0 shots.

In my 25 years watching football, the shot count has never won a match I have witnessed.

As stated a number of times in this thread messi was double team most times he had the ball. He may not have scored but he was clearly the most effective player on the pitch (while he was on it, just back from injury 60 minutes was a good effort from him).

As stated a number of times in this thread messi was double team most times he had the ball. He may not have scored but he was clearly the most effective player on the pitch (while he was on it, just back from injury 60 minutes was a good effort from him).

I'll ask again, what did he do? What part of his play was more or less effective than Xavi or Deco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

This is getting seriously tedious lads, its like watching the same episode of the simpsons 8 times in 24 hours. The argument is just going round and round like a harmonic oscillator.

eZe^ wrote: »
    This is getting seriously tedious lads, its like watching the same episode of the simpsons 8 times in 24 hours. The argument is just going round and round like a harmonic oscillator.

I agree. But some people need to remove their utd tinted glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ok, enough, i ask you this, Eto'o did nothing last night, does this mean he is not one of the best strikers in the world?? no it doesnt!!!

Messi didnt do anything more last night then Xavi did, nor Iniesta.....both were very good, as good as Messi....I dont deny his talent but why critiscise people for giving unfair credit to Ronaldo then do the exact same thing to Messi! its nonsensical

Ronaldo is the best in the world at the minute, Messi isnt far off him imo, neither is Essien or probably a few more!!

The tie will be settled next week, but this arguement will never be settled.. simply because its a matter of opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

kryogen wrote: »
    ok, enough, i ask you this, Eto'o did nothing last night, does this mean he is not one of the best strikers in the world?? no it doesnt!!!

Except that Eto has consitently proven himself at the highest level, both internationally and club. It's one thing for a player who has done it to be ineffective. (which he wasn't that much). It's another thing for a player who is yet to prove himself against the best to fail yet again in doing so.
    Messi didnt do anything more last night then Xavi did, nor Iniesta.....both were very good, as good as Messi....I dont deny his talent but why critiscise people for giving unfair credit to Ronaldo then do the exact same thing to Messi! its nonsensical

A few barca players were very effective in their roles, but Messi looked the most influential attacking player on the pitch, and that after a six week layoff and little to no match practise. However good or not Messi's performance was, the fact is it's being compared to Ronald's not Xavi's, and after the way Ronaldo played, Messi's performance was amazing in comparison.
    Ronaldo is the best in the world at the minute, Messi isnt far off him imo, neither is Essien or probably a few more!!

The tie will be settled next week, but this arguement will never be settled.. simply because its a matter of opinion

If it's opnion then state it as that. Not like it's some fact. This kind of "he is the best in the world at the moment" statement is what gets people annoyed and that is why you see such heavy criticism when he comes up short. It's an arrogant statement to make especially when it is born from severely biased opinion.

i just think it is laughable that someone said fergie has got to go....that is a rediculous statement! now ronaldo did have a very very bad gme but he was not the only one (infact rio and scholes wer the ony two that had good games imo) i think its unfair that all the flack is on ronnie he cannot take all the blame for the teams lackluster performance!

Memnoch wrote: »
    It's another thing for a player who is yet to prove himself against the best to fail yet again in doing so.

Sorry are you talking about Messi or Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry are you talking about Messi or Ronaldo?

Ronaldo...obviously! He came up short against Barcelona, whereas Messi had a very good game! His passing, his movement, his work rate were all fantastic, every time he had the ball he looked like a threat and was swarmed by United players!

He played 60 minutes after coming back from injury and was very effective if you ask me. Ronaldo tends to go missing in big games, he has the chance to rectify that in his next two games...maybe he will, because he certainly has the ability and I don't think anyone on here is questioning that!

I watched the match with 3 United fans, all of whom were impressed with Messi not Ronaldo!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Ronaldo...obviously! He came up short against Barcelona, whereas Messi had a very good game! His passing, his movement, his work rate were all fantastic, every time he had the ball he looked like a threat and was swarmed by United players!

He played 60 minutes after coming back from injury and was very effective if you ask me. Ronaldo tends to go missing in big games, he has the chance to rectify that in his next two games...maybe he will, because he certainly has the ability and I don't think anyone on here is questioning that!

Effective in what way?

If Ronaldo played instead of Messi the other night, how would you concieve the outcome might have been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Evra had Messi in his pocket, which i found a little surprising.

Tauren wrote: »
    Evra had Messi in his pocket, which i found a little surprising.

i wouldnt go as far to say "in his pocket" now, he stood up strong against him but messi still skinned him a few times and set up very dangerous opportunities!

i wouldnt go as far to say "in his pocket" now, he stood up strong against him but messi still skinned him a few times and set up very dangerous opportunities!

Once I think, correct? Evra ran passed him a few times with the ball, that is not generally percieved as skinning someone, but it is the same thing.

• Advertisement

Evra fouled Messi for a penalty that should have been given.

Effective in what way?

If Ronaldo played instead of Messi the other night, how would you concieve the outcome might have been?

You sir are a troll! Effective in what way? I just said, not going to repeat myself!

If Ronaldo was playing instead of Messi, he would have had less of an impact than Messi did, Uniteds defence is much better than Barcelonas! I have yet to see Ronaldo play well in a big game against a big team, Messi has on numerous occasions!

Evra fouled Messi for a penalty that should have been given.

Eto'o could have had one too!

Memnoch wrote: »
    If it's opnion then state it as that. Not like it's some fact. This kind of "he is the best in the world at the moment" statement is what gets people annoyed and that is why you see such heavy criticism when he comes up short. It's an arrogant statement to make especially when it is born from severely biased opinion.

alrighty roo
    name sum1 currently playing better then him. name someone that has played better then him all season.
    yes, i dont really like him being the best out there atm, but... he is. like it or lump it, he is. sure there are very influential players out there (essien being a prime example) but none have achieved wat ronnie has this season and probably wont by the close (wat 4/5 games left?)

You sir are a troll! Effective in what way? I just said, not going to repeat myself!

Am no I'm not, I asked you what Messi did in that match that was different to any other offensive Barca player, they popped the ball around brilliantly and kept possession for 65% of the game, they did not create one clear cut chance. Or did I miss something that you saw.?

Deciding whether Messi is world class or not is one thing, but to say he was excellent and man of the match, when he was taken off in the 60th minute, an offensive player who did not threaten VDS ONCE!

Messi is a fantastic player but don't judge him on the match the other night, judge him when he is truely fantastic not because it is a created pissing contest between him and Ronaldo.
    If Ronaldo was playing instead of Messi, he would have had less of an impact than Messi did, Uniteds defence is much better than Barcelonas! I have yet to see Ronaldo play well in a big game against a big team, Messi has on numerous occasions!

Okay, that has been discussed to death, proved false, move along now, good lad.

By the way Ronaldo is top Scorer in CL, you might take that into consideration when you say he would have no impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Jazzy wrote: »
    alrighty roo
    name sum1 currently playing better then him. name someone that has played better then him all season.
    yes, i dont really like him being the best out there atm, but... he is. like it or lump it, he is. sure there are very influential players out there (essien being a prime example) but none have achieved wat ronnie has this season and probably wont by the close (wat 4/5 games left?)

What you are arguing is that Ronaldo has been the player of the year. It doesn't mean he is the best in the world. Kaka had an average season, but that doesn't stop him from being one of the best in the world.
    Having seen Messi play (in the flesh) and a fair bit on TV, i would say that he is without a doubt the BEST player in the world. He had a tough season with injury but has still shown when he's played that he is operating at a different level.

And to whoever it was that said Evra had Messi in his pocket. I hope you were taking the p!ss cause that is a joke. I'm not talking about how many tackles he made or how many times he got past him... Messi was the most effective (just ahead of Xavi) player on the field so i fail to see how he did that from Evra's pocket.

• Advertisement

By the way Ronaldo is top Scorer in CL, you might take that into consideration when you say he would have no impact.

stop ruining ppls arguements with ur "facts"!!!!

i spose ur right ibh. he has imo been the best all season and i fully expect him to be acknowledged with the ballon d'or. its a very hard thing to say who is better when messi, ronnie & kaka are all so good. i spose it will just a "whos been better this season" and a teams performance has a lot to do with that.

ibh wrote: »
    What you are arguing is that Ronaldo has been the player of the year. It doesn't mean he is the best in the world. Kaka had an average season, but that doesn't stop him from being one of the best in the world.
    Having seen Messi play (in the flesh) and a fair bit on TV, i would say that he is without a doubt the BEST player in the world. He had a tough season with injury but has still shown when he's played that he is operating at a different level.

You are arguing against Ronaldo being the best in the world at the moment on WHAT IF's?

What IF Messi wasn't injured?

What IF Caca wasn't average?

You don't have to use What IF when it comes to Ronaldo, he is doing what it takes to be percieved as the best in the world.

I love Dunphy but he has alot to answer for this week.

Look lads, Barca had 65% of the possession, Messi had his whole team supporting him in attack, he had great movement in front of him and all around him, he saw plenty of the ball personally, he had a few nice touches and passes but his final ball was poor, this has been highlighted by many pundits/analysts/experts whatever you want to call them, and he was impressive to me, but not as impressive as everyone here seems to be making out

United had 35% of the possession, Ronaldo didnt have his whole team behind him, there were 3 united players in the box for corners all night ffs! they were very withdrawn all night, there was little or no movement in front of him or around him, he didnt see alot of the ball personally because his team didnt retain possession at all, he still had a few nice touches and passes, these were highlighted by some,not many pundits, as they would rather try to make out he played absolutely terribly...he didnt seem impressive last night because the team didnt allow him to play his game. this doesnt mean he he didnt do it against the big team, he has performed and impacted the big games already, how many times does he have to do it consistently before people accept it? he performed against Liverpool,Arsenal,Roma, all in the past 6 weeks!! that counts for nothing now cause he didnt single handedly beat Barcelona in Spain??

People see what they want to see with Ronaldo,they will jump on a reason to say he isnt that good, thats fine, but as a poster has already said, dont let you opinion fool you into thinking its a fact when its born from a biased viewpoint

For the guy who reckons i think ronaldo is the best because im a united fan, take Mr.Alan, he is a Liverpool fan, he doesnt have a lot of love for Ronaldo, but he also says he is the best in the world....where is his opinion coloured by a bias toward United?? i highly doubt if he is the only non united supporter to think it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ronaldo is ****e.

Babel is better than Ronaldo.

FACT.

Best thing to do on this topic is to hold off on all opinions until Tuesday night.

• Advertisement

Deciding whether Messi is world class or not is one thing, but to say he was excellent and man of the match, when he was taken off in the 60th minute, an offensive player who did not threaten VDS ONCE!

Where did I say Messi was Man of the Match?
    Okay, that has been discussed to death, proved false, move along now, good lad.

How has it been proven false that if Messi was playing instead of Ronaldo, that he wouldn't hhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=55763769
    boards.ie - Reply to Topicave played better? Ridiculous!

Top scorer of the Champions League with 7 goals is very impressive, he's had an excellent season...deserves the Ballon D'or but, that doesn't make him a big game player!

19.09.2007 v Sporting (A) 1-0, 1 goal
    23.10.2007 v Dynamo Kyiv (A) 4-2, 2 goals (1 pen)
    07.11.2007 v Dynamo Kyiv (H) 4-0, 1 goal
    27.11.2007 v Sporting (H) 2-1, 1 goal
    04.03.2008 v Lyon (H) 1-0, 1 goal
    01.04.2008 v Roma (A) 2-0, 1 goal

Now, all I'm saying is, none of those were against opposition that were close to United!

Again, he's a great player and deserves to win the Ballon D'or!
    Best thing to do on this topic is to hold off on all opinions until Tuesday night.

Maybe so, but if he puts in a big performance I'll admit it! Will you if he doesn't?

Where did I say Messi was Man of the Match?

How has it been proven false that if Messi was playing instead of Ronaldo, that he wouldn't hhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=55763769
    boards.ie - Reply to Topicave played better? Ridiculous!

Top scorer of the Champions League with 7 goals is very impressive, he's had an excellent season...deserves the Ballon D'or but, that doesn't make him a big game player!

19.09.2007 v Sporting (A) 1-0, 1 goal
    23.10.2007 v Dynamo Kyiv (A) 4-2, 2 goals (1 pen)
    07.11.2007 v Dynamo Kyiv (H) 4-0, 1 goal
    27.11.2007 v Sporting (H) 2-1, 1 goal
    04.03.2008 v Lyon (H) 1-0, 1 goal
    01.04.2008 v Roma (A) 2-0, 1 goal

Now, all I'm saying is, none of those were against opposition that were close to United!

Again, he's a great player and deserves to win the Ballon D'or!

Maybe so, but if he puts in a big performance I'll admit it! Will you if he doesn't?

Absolutely Ridiculous!

Talking on here is sometimes like trying to grab steam. I'm not going to post again until Tuesday night, I suggest you do the same.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ronaldo is ****e.

Babel is better than Ronaldo.

FACT.

LOL you do realise that because you included no smileys or explained that this is tongue in cheek, you are opening yourself to ridicule from our more sensitive fans right??:D

Its almost as fun as the topic of conversation in my local last night, decided to wind up the other united fans and pool fans for making an arguement for how Hargreaves is the best player in the world....some lads didnt get that we were taking the piss and we had one hell of a heated debate about it lol

dont know why i told you that,its boring......but meh, i typed it now

Lads, this topic is a little lost, wasnt Dunphys point that it was more Ronaldos attitude that stunk as opposed to his ability?

Therefore Boggles, if Ronaldo scores a brace on Tues night, it doesnt prove anyone right or wrong.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world this year. There has been no attacking player more effective, as consistantly as Ronaldo. Therefore, this year, he is the best player in the world imo.

He is not better or equal to Pele, Ronaldo, Maradonna, Best, Cryuff, Zidane, Dalglish or any of the other "greats" of the game, not near it yet. If he contines as is, one day, he may well reach those levels, not near it yet though.

HOWEVER; He does have a poor attitude, Utd fans (and most dont seem to be) are not allowed pretend that this ability excuses some of his other behaviours on the pitch. It is right that he is slated for some of the things he does, just as equally as he should be applauded for some of the brilliant things he does.

I believe a lot of people are defending Messi, because he is equally as blessed with ability as Ronaldo, and seems to play the game in the right spirit.

If he ever maintains a decent level of fitness, he will be applauded by fans of all clubs (perhaps Real excluded?;)) for both his brilliance with a football and the nature in which he plays the game. A modest-honest-beautiful footballer.

whereas, Ronaldo has reached the level required to be admired by all when it comes to performance levels, but is miles away from what is required to be admired from people in all quarters with regards to the other stuff.

I totally agree with the attitude comment, i would give my right arm for ronaldo to have the attitude Messi has, but im sure Barca fans would give theirs if he could stay fit as much as Ronaldo does (touch wood) nobody is perfect you know......

im hoping when he matures properly his attitude will be better. I was one of the first to critiscise his attitude the other night, and his petulant behaviour is one aspect of his game that i dislike,but his ability i cannot question, or his general play performance...Messi seems to play the game in a great spirit and has the right attitude, its great to see.

Hopefully Ronaldo will play that way in the future

I believe a lot of people are defending Messi, because he is equally as blessed with ability as Ronaldo, and seems to play the game in the right spirit.

lol. the hand of god is the right spirit?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads, this topic is a little lost, wasnt Dunphys point that it was more Ronaldos attitude that stunk as opposed to his ability?

Therefore Boggles, if Ronaldo scores a brace on Tues night, it doesnt prove anyone right or wrong.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world this year. There has been no attacking player more effective, as consistantly as Ronaldo. Therefore, this year, he is the best player in the world imo.

He is not better or equal to Pele, Ronaldo, Maradonna, Best, Cryuff, Zidane, Dalglish or any of the other "greats" of the game, not near it yet. If he contines as is, one day, he may well reach those levels, not near it yet though.

HOWEVER; He does have a poor attitude, Utd fans (and most dont seem to be) are not allowed pretend that this ability excuses some of his other behaviours on the pitch. It is right that he is slated for some of the things he does, just as equally as he should be applauded for some of the brilliant things he does.

If he ever maintains a decent level of fitness, he will be applauded by fans of all clubs (perhaps Real excluded?;)) for both his brilliance with a football and the nature in which he plays the game. A modest-honest-beautiful footballer.

whereas, Ronaldo has reached the level required to be admired by all when it comes to performance levels, but is miles away from what is required to be admired from people in all quarters with regards to the other stuff.

You've summed it up pretty much perfectly right here.

I'm surprised you didn't refernce Torres here as the sort of player whose attitude Ronaldo should try to emulate. From what I've seen of him, he's far more likely to get back on his feet and get on with the job instead of looking to the sky. Imo if Ronaldo could learn to accept a few light knocks and quit the exaggerated looks of disbelief, he'd get the respect of a lot more neutrals.

lol. the hand of god is the right spirit?

It was a foul, and obviously shouldnt have counted.

But thats one incident you can think of when he didnt play the game in the right spirit, if Ronaldo only did one thing that people didnt approve of, nobody would have an issue with him.

every player is going to commit fouls and go down easier than they probably should occassionally. Messi is no exception to this.

But if you cant see how Ronaldo and Messis attitudes on the pitch differ, i dont really see any point in trying to convince you otherwise.

An Fhile wrote: »
    I'm surprised you didn't refernce Torres here as the sort of player whose attitude Ronaldo should try to emulate.

When Kryogen said...."nobody has it all"...i pm'd him Torres' name in reply :)

I'm certainly not trying to prove Dunphy's point wrong or right, A dog with a mallet up his hole can see Dunphy talks ****é 99% of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement