Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirena + Prince Albert Piercing..

Options
  • 23-04-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

HI ,
    Does anyone know if a Prince Albert piercing could somehow cause a MIrena coil to come out? Ahem....:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok, im not too sure but i do think you would get a better answer to this thread in the body mod forum, most of the people on there would have more experience with this.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That depends on the placement of the wires, if condoms are being used and the type of jewlery in the pericing.

If it was a D ring in place I'd consider it other wise I would be concerned personally.
    Logistically and probability it's might be very very unlikely but I still would not like to be the one person who the dr have to detach them from thier lover after they got entangled.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Ya very true!! Ha ha, don't really wanna be the main character in one of those urban legends!!!

What's a D ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I highly doubt it, I have the mirena myself and I woulnd't be overly worried about it.

The doctor that fitted it should have taught you how to check it yourself to make sure it's still in place.

If they haven't please fell free to PM me and I'll describe it for you....may be a bit OTT for a public forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Its extremely unlikely to happen. Mainly due to the ring is pressed flat against the glans during pentration and there's not really any room for anything to snag.

• Advertisement

Ya very true!! Ha ha, don't really wanna be the main character in one of those urban legends!!!

What's a D ring?

3036.jpg

The dr should place and cut the tails/wires of the IUS so that they fold back and lie against your cervix tucked out of the way.

IUS-graphic.jpg

So it is pretty unlikely, but I would suggest checking them before and afterwards sex until you are comfortable with them being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just learned something new today. :D
    and its only 10am! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm not sure which sounds more uncomfortable to have in you the PA or the coil.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    Just learned something new today. :D
    and its only 10am! :pac:
    Well now ye know doc:pac:

Can't feel the mirena at all, best "mod" ever ;)

PAs...meh, to each their own :)

• Advertisement

Appa's is where its at!

Shelli wrote: »

PAs...meh, to each their own :)

I can feel my gf's one sometimes tis quite odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

PAs FTW! :p

Unless the coil became unseated and managed to catch inside the ring of the PA, I can't really see this being a problem.

I can feel my gf's one sometimes tis quite odd.

Ooo yeah, look at me, my willys so big I can..:p....ahem, I'm not going to take that any further :D

Penis envy Shelli? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Actually I think she called you fat Wilburt/Willy.:p

That "my" bit is something you may need to be warey of too, sounds stalkerish since you two aren't a couple.

farohar wrote: »
    Actually I think she called you fat Wilburt/Willy.:p

That "my" bit is something you may need to be warey of too, sounds stalkerish since you two aren't a couple.

Who wouldn't stalk someone with such an enviable appendage........

* I am not a stalker....or am I???

Who wouldn't stalk someone with such an enviable appendage........

* I am not a stalker....or am I???

Peeing standing up is of many uses.

Aye, tis handy, if slightly over-rated :P

(and yes, I have peed standing up on occasion, a la "Full Monty" stylee!)

You stay classy San Diego!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I heard once that the Amazing Emmet sometimes uses his to club seals...*

*may not be true

Yep.

and the Mirena is not the coil it is an IUS, it's is a hormonal contraceptive implant but it goes in the womb not in the arm like the implanon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirena

It last for 5 years and is as good as getting sterilised, so yeah it is a body mod :)

Not as extreme as Ashley Crawford self pericing her own cervix mind.

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2007/07/11/cervical-piercing-wow/

Aye, tis handy, if slightly over-rated :P

(and yes, I have peed standing up on occasion, a la "Full Monty" stylee!)

Fine. But can you pee around corners and in red bull cans?

There's a new mirena out that can last for 7-9 years now. Its not approve over in ireland yet but its in use in the states.

Thaedydal: She is one very unique person, and interesting too :D

Fine. But can you pee around corners and in red bull cans?.

Admittedly no, but now I have a new goal in life.
    There's a new mirena out that can last for 7-9 years now. Its not approve over in ireland yet but its in use in the states.

7-9 years? A bit vague for my liking, 5 years is more than long enough for me.

Admittedly no, but now I have a new goal in life.

7-9 years? A bit vague for my liking, 5 years is more than long enough for me.

Its the one my gf has that she got in the states. The ones in ireland are actually good for up to 7 years but they say replace them every five to give a bit of lee way. So they say replace the new one every 7 but it can last up to nine.

With the testing of them having done enough studies not of women who had their first one whipped out and a new one in and functioning with out any ill effects they are looking at pushing out the time length on the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LikkleOleMe

can somebody please email on how to check for mirena coil sringy things i cannot find them..but it dont help when the gyn dont show or tell you how either ...please please help im worried sick and in a wee bit of pain aswell.

thanx

you're in the wrong forum here. Post in personal issues.
    We also can't give medical advice, sorry.
    Go to your local GP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LikkleOleMe

Im sorry but iv read through and i thought thats what the discussion was about ...sorry but most of the threads are about the mirena i wasnt aware i couldnt post a help question in here:confused:

Advertisement