Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre S-Lite 200 or Giant SCR C3

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Which of these do you think is the better bike?

The Lapierre does fit me slightly better but I could get a shorter stem on the Giant to correct it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

They look pretty much identical in terms of spec, so I'd go for the one that fits you better -the Lapierre... also, you can get it straight from Cyclesuperstore which may make it easier to get after sales service than the giant ordered online (I assume you'd order it online to get it at the price linked)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I found a Giant SCR C3 2007 model for £1000 which will work out about €1300 after shipping.

I think that's the best to go for.

My mountain bike is finally being sold tomorrow, so I can eventually get my road bike.

Yippeeee!!

It arrived today.

Yeehaaa!

giant-scr-c3-07.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    It arrived today.

Yeehaaa!

Manage to get it assembled ok?

Nice bike though

Manage to get it assembled ok?

Nice bike though

The assembly was no problem.

I just have to go home shortly and tighten my new pedals then I'm ready to go.

The size is perfect, I just had to move the saddle slightly forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I bought a Focus from Wiggle recently. There is literally no assembly beyond attaching the bars and pedals. They even extend the seatpost (I am presuming based on the height/inside leg you supply, anyway, it was perfect height and I didn't have to change it.)

Their set up is _excellent_; there was a check list included of everything they had checked/set up and the bike rode perfectly out of the box.

When they say "ready to ride" they really mean it (oh and the box is _massive_ ;-)

Other online bike shops (I have bought from CRC before) do just ship the bike as they get it and there is a bit more work involved.

Advertisement