Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

terminal services

• 23-04-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi all,
    firstly I apologise for this newbie question. I have been landed this task by my boss and I'm clueless on how to solve it.

the problem is, we need a remote user to connect to a server using an rsa securid key and then use terminal services to connect to a server. The user is working from home and has a broadband connection.

The user can connect and is authenticated when he uses the securid key. However he cannot connect to the server using terminal services.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hi all,
    firstly I apologise for this newbie question. I have been landed this task by my boss and I'm clueless on how to solve it.

the problem is, we need a remote user to connect to a server using an rsa securid key and then use terminal services to connect to a server. The user is working from home and has a broadband connection.

The user can connect and is authenticated when he uses the securid key. However he cannot connect to the server using terminal services.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
    Thank you

What's the RSA key authenticating into? A VPN session, citrix session or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

thanks for replying spear. rsa is used with checkpoint secure client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Can you connect to the Terminal Service server yourself through your LAN?

If so, then it could be a firewall setting on the remote PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

cheers dublinwriter, yes i can connect through terminal services on the lan. When I am authenticated using the securid key on the remote pc I can ping other servers on the network but I can't ping the server I want terminal services on. Could it be the firewall on the lan?
    Thank you

Advertisement