Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Annoying Passat Noise

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

I've got an annoying creaking noise that seems to be coming from behind the passenger storage compartment. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Are you having any problems with the heater/aircon? The air intake fan is behind the glovebox. It could also just be something in the glovebox area that has come slightly loose..

What year is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

I was wondering if thats what it was but it seems to be working fine. Its 2003, english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'd suggest making your way over to VW Audi Forum and doing a search or posting in the B5 Passat section there (registration required to search I think). If it's one of the usual VAG faults you'll find loads of people who've fixed it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Thanks! giving that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the pollen filter is located around that area. Maybe it wasn't fitted right the last time it was changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Did you replace the windscreen recently? If so it may be the bit of trim that is adjacent to the lower edge of the screen. When our 2002 passat had its windscreen replaced, a noise similar to what you are describing was annoying but after a few months went away.

Advertisement