Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with Mango in Patrick Street?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

The shop is mostly empty. All the appear to have in stock is the leftovers from last season! How can they afford to pay rents on the store and staff costs etc if it's barely stocked at all?

Nosy people want to know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

My ma was asking me the same thing earlier! I was in one of the Dublin ones a few months ago and it was the same story. Doesn't look good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Mango in the cresent shopping centre Limerick was closed/empty for a good few weeks not to long back..don't know what they story was. Back open again though now.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The Mango in Dundrum is also empty and have no new stock whatsoever. Maybe they're slowly but surely pulling out of Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Yeah I was wondering myself. Went in there last week and there were two rails just inside the door with clothes but the place was empty other than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

maybe they are redecorating or something and are clearing out the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

I heard there was a problem with stock being delivered, don't know if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

I don't know about the other stores but a friend of mine works in Mango on Patricks St Cork and they were told theyre closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

There was a piece in the Examiner today about it, essentially Mango HQ and the Franchise holders in Ireland & a few other countries are in dispute with the Company. seemingly its because Mango HQ are not delivering supplies. As a result the franchises are closing down.

Thankfully i dont wear womens clothes so this does not effect me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I'v never really bought much in there so no loss to me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I never liked their stuff anyway, I bought some pieces for my younger sister once, and she thought her granny was bringing her gifts. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

So bizzare that they left the shop open though. It was like some sort of candid-camera set up went in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i bought a jacket there before xmas it was just lovely was stolen last weekend.bloody austrian youth:p so was hoping to get a replacement perhaps but obv not sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MelanieD

According to today's Irish Times, Mango will be confined to Arnotts in Dublin. The shops in Dundrum SC and Swords Pavillions will be closed in a few weeks time and shops in Cork, Limerick and Galway have been shut recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Strangely enough the franchises in europe and the US are all closing apparently. Mango is based in Spain somewhere afaik. Again, the punctual delivery of stock was a cause according to the aforementioned Examiner article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

MelanieD wrote: »
    According to today's Irish Times, Mango will be confined to Arnotts in Dublin. The shops in Dundrum SC and Swords Pavillions will be closed in a few weeks time and shops in Cork, Limerick and Galway have been shut recently.

The one in Swords was closed when I passed it yesterday.

Advertisement