Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for roof windows?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not 100% sure if this belongs here (read the charter and I think I'm in the right place :) )

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for companies in Dublin to install a couple of roof windows (velux type thing) into an existing sloping roof. I see the various window companies have websites (velux, keylight, fakro etc) but i'm not clear on who actually installs them.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Phibsboro wrote: »
    but i'm not clear on who actually installs them.
    C

You get any carpenter / roofer to install them for you.

If your suppling them to the carpenter make sure you get a flashing aswell as the window itself. They are sold separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

kkelliher wrote: »
    You get any carpenter / roofer to install them for you.

If your suppling them to the carpenter make sure you get a flashing aswell as the window itself. They are sold separately.

+1 : different flashing depending on what the roof finish is slates/tiles etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Arrggg! Moved! I am definitely not interested in DIY'ing a couple of Velux windows into my roof :) Having read both charters and still got it wrong, I think the mods of DIY and construction need to rethink what goes where.

Having said that, any recommendations of installers in a PM would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    C

Advertisement