Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain expiration

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I bought a domain and hosting package from a seller on eBay last year. It expired this month, but they forgot to remind me. Now my domain doesn't exist :eek:

This is the whois entry:
    Domain Name: DISCOROYALE.NET
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Updated Date: 21-apr-2008
    Creation Date: 20-apr-2007
    Expiration Date: 20-apr-2009

As I bought it over 90 days ago, I can't get much info on the seller. I have sent them a message through eBay, but I'm not sure how soon they will respond. Is there any way I can reactivate it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The domain is with NameCheap.com, so if you have the login details for their system you may be able to renew it still. The domain only expired on April 20th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Hi Blacknight, yes I remember that the hosting company was bigwetfish, I mailed them and they sent me an invoice so I can renew it. Panic over! But will I have to upload my files again, or are they held in cyberspace limbo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If it was only your domain that expired, you won't have to upload everything again. If your hosting expired as well, its unlikely that they would have removed everything so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Unless they're totally incompetent your files should be fine :)

Thanks guys, I am going out to pay for another year shortly! I will have to make a reminder for next year! :D

• Advertisement

That was good service! Paid at 7:30pm and site back up now (9:15pm) Would endorse Bigwetfish to others! :D

Advertisement