Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs. Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

United (United fans)
    Well i think coz they playeing CL again this game might look like Arsenal-Liverpool,but its too important to make just a training of it so its gonna be with full power:)

for that to happen , It would mean Chelsea just giving up on the League, Which I cannot see them doing, it a must win game for them, However IF Utd where to get a 2 nil lead , then you may see Chelsea taking off players with Weds in mind.
    I predict Chelsea to start very strong and throw everything at Utd for the first 20-30 mins , if the goal does not come or they don't get caught on the counter.Player mind and attitudes may change . I see utd coming more into the game in the second half .
    With UTD picking them off in the last 30 mins. As they start to give up on the win (LEAGUE) and start thinking of CL football.

2-0 UTD PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

United (United fans)
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    2-0 UTD PLEASE

I agree completely,0-2 for United:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    1-0 either way, probably Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Chelsea
    United to win this with two late goals after Chelsea struggle to break them down for most of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think it is going to be a hard battle today for both teams, It has draw written all over it to be honest. I'll go 1-1.

There will be winners today thou, Liverpool and Barcalona sitting down with their feet up watching United & Chelsea knock the shíte out of each other.

PHB must have been on the whiskey last night! :)

United (United fans)
    Today's Utd Team

Vds
    Brown
    Rio
    Vidic
    Silvestre
    Fletcher
    Carrick
    Anderson
    Giggs
    Nani
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Think he's going to regret this lineup! Hardly the game to be playing Silvestre and Giggs will offer nothing as usual

United (United fans)
    As i already said,why Ronaldo and O'Shea on bench?

United (United fans)
    I hope Fergie knows what is he doing with leaving Ronaldo on bench and Silvestre in starting 11(?) ,what about Chelsea starters?

• Advertisement

I hope Fergie knows what is he doing with leaving Ronaldo on bench and Silvestre in starting 11(?) ,what about Chelsea starters?

Very weak..........not

Chelsea Team:

GK: Cech

RB: Ferreira
    CB: Carvalho
    CB: Terry
    LB: Cole

CM: Essien
    CM: Ballack
    CM: Mikel

RW: J.Cole
    CF: Drogba
    LW: Kalou

United (United fans)
    SOunds like Chelsea is going to be more offensive,well i know they need win but i expected they wont be from the beggining with acctually 3 strikers in front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

United (United fans)
    This game has draw written all over it.

United (United fans)
    Well i hope it will be coz with this squad i am not sure will Manchester United even draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

United (United fans)
    Very strong Chelsea team against a weak United side. Unfortunately that means a 0-0 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope this game has lumps and bumps written all over it.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

With that team I see a Nou Camp-esque performance, Fergie is bringing the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Giggs is a huge mistake.....

thats all

United (United fans)
    Well not that big as Ronaldo sitting on bench i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Draw
    As i already said,why Ronaldo and O'Shea on bench?

O'Shea is on the bench because he's crap :)

United (United fans)
    Well he isnt great but i dont know if Silvestre is better,not playing too much lately,thats why i am suspicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    This system could work were it not for Giggs.

Fergie's got his eye on the prize, resting two key players, Evra and ROnaldo.

However, I'm still relatively confident. Silvestre ain't great but he ain't a bad LB. (also he needs games in case we do get to the CL final and Evra is suspended)

Giggs is the issue imo.

Fletcher to score us the winning goal today is written in the stars :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Big game for Carrick. Anderson and Fletcher will give the midfield plenty of legs so its up to Carrick to try and dictate the passing game.

Anderson can still pick a fantastic pass and I do fancy him to open his United account today.

Silvestre at left back,while not being my favourite player(to say the least) isnt too bad an option,certainly better than having him in the centre. He also can play a great left to right long ball and with Nani on the right it could be a great attacking option.

United (United fans)
    Yep Vidic after corner kick and than Fletcher to shut our mouths scoring to finish Chelsea:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Now that Ronaldo isnt playing and after the frenzy about him after the Barca game, lets watch Joe Cole and his diving today. Without doubt the most consistent English diver. Also he looked out of sorts against Liverpool during the week after having an excellent few months. Lets hope he brings the Liverpool form into this game as he is a real threat.

yipee, Digitalb HD showing the match

United (United fans)
    And the show is starting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Nice 3rd eye from Mikel there on the steps, nearly ended up on his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Draw
    Fergie playing for a draw with the attacking subs to come in if Chelsea go in front. Lets hope Chelsea score first from a neutral point of view to make a game of it.

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    i agree with you PHB, this team and system could work.....but giggs gives a headache to it.....i think he will be a passenger today again and i dont know if you can affors one against Chelsea at home

Ronaldo on the bench is not something i mind, he needs to be fresh for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

United (United fans)
    utd have put out a weak squad (fletcher,anderson and carrack ion midfield?!) worried for utd today, after seein the team, i think chelski may have it!

• Advertisement

wes off to a blinder

United (United fans)
    Yeah,Mikel could finish the game on those stairs before it even started,Manchester seems to look again like against Barca.....

hopefully vidic doesnt have to go off again, his mouth/face must be in bits after that

United (United fans)
    Sh!T!!!!!!! Vidic is so bad luck lately.....And Manchester already defending like its last 10mins of game and not starting

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Vidic doesnt appear to be coming back does he, im now very worried

poor auld vidic, he's cursed

And Rooney's gonna to kill Nani someday!

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Hargreaves on, same as the feckin Nou Camp, the midfield is non existent..... no retaining possession.....chelski will be scoring soon me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    I have to say I'm gettin worried about Van Der Sar...
    He's lookin a bit dodgy lately.
    Time to look at Ben Foster perhaps?
    And playing Vidic was quite silly :rolleyes:

Vidic got a knee in the face, he didnt go off because of the problem he had midweek..................how is playing him silly

• Advertisement

United (United fans)
    This game is nothing like the Barca game, I fully expected this powerful start from Chelsea , they have to go for it, but the different is Utd do look dangerous on the break/counter.
    BUILDING UP TO A GREAT GAME .

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Why does Hargreaves insist on taking so many touches with the ball??? always turns into trouble or runs into it, he cant keep doing that today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great strike, unlucky to come back off the bar.

United (United fans)
    I must say i am getting pissed slowly,Manchester looks like a bunch of school boys playing football,i dont know is this some crisis coz this is already 3rd game in a row playing like this,Chelsea will score with no doubt if they dont get them selves in order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Vidic is too important to be risking playing a match, when we have a CL semi on Tuesday.
    His tooth went through his lip.... OUCH

it's like men versus boys yet again in a big match

• Advertisement

Vidic is too important to be risking playing a match, when we have a CL semi on Tuesday.
    His tooth went through his lip.... OUCH

it's worth the risk if it meant wes brown didnt have to play centre back!

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    Saying Vidic on the way to hospital, but said nothing serious, just a precaution as he groggy....

Rockman, chelski had to go for it, yes, but united didnt have to defend like schoolboys!!!:) its been sloppy from us so far imo, Nani hs looked good, at least hes up for it.
    i cant see a midfield with Carrick as the holding midfielder winning the battle today. he isnt imposing enough... hoping we can find a bit of magic from somewhere, and soon..... because chelski are all over us, joe cole with another great move there

Chelsea (Chelsea fans)
    anytime giggs has touched the ball it has gone straight to a chelsea player

fact

for **** sake van der sar

United (United fans)
    What The F**k Is Up With Vds Kicking Lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

VDS must be playing the playstation 3 :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement