Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 quick questions

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much a car spray would be? Respray that is.

Also does anyone know where i can get a car lowered and how much would it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What kind of car is it, metallic, pastel or pearlescent. How "perfect" do yo expect it to be.

A proper full body job on a 93-01 Corsa for example would be around €1,100 metallic at the very least in my experience. A newish BMW 3 series to proper standards could be up to €9k

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Respray costs - Totally depends on the make of car and how good a job you want done. Ring a few body shops for quotes.

Lowering the car - Again depending on what type of car it is will depend on what needs to be done but basically you can buy set of lowered suspension springs. Prices will vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

cabla wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much a car spray would be? Respray that is.

Also does anyone know where i can get a car lowered and how much would it be?
    How long is a piece of string ??:confused:, You could get a car sprayed completly by some back street garage for 1k or get it a professional job done in a spray booth for up to 4k, all this depending on what condition the car is and how much prep work, ie filling etc.

Lowering, much the same, some cars can be lowered easily with "off the shelf kits". You must also notify your insurance with any major modifications done to the car or else you may not be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ah right. Its a 306 3 door. Well would paint shops to touch ups? Rather than a whole car re spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

cabla wrote: »
    Ah right. Its a 306 3 door. Well would paint shops to touch ups? Rather than a whole car re spray.
    Alott of the better equipped places are not interested in projects and touch up jobs etc, they may purposly quote a high figure to put you off, they are more interested in more up to date stuff and insurance jobs unless you have a ball of cash! Its worth getting a few quotes from body shops in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

ok thanks. Any ideas on lowering the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Try get a price for installation and buy something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Why do you want to lower your car, it will totally compromise the ride quality not that I know what thats like in a 307.

Also do you just a a few scratches or what's the extent of the damage to the paintwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Why do you want to lower your car, it will totally compromise the ride quality not that I know what thats like in a 307.

That's not necessarily true at all - it may compromise the comfort a little, but the handling may well be a lot better after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Try get a price for installation and buy something like this

There is no off the shelf parts for lowering the rear of a 306, as it's a torsion bar rear suspension. I wouldn't lower the rear, as it ruins the handling on typical Irish roads.

I've got a AX GT which uses the same rear suspension design, but is lowered at the factory. It's very interesting over bumpy roads, with the back having a mind of it's own. The main problem is the reduced amount of suspension travel, with the car hitting the bump stops and bouncing as a result (usually sideways as one side hits the bump stop!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

eoin_s wrote: »
    That's not necessarily true at all - it may compromise the comfort a little, but the handling may well be a lot better after.

God I don't know now, any lowered car i've been in, with the exception of executive cars, the ride has been horrible, most notably a VW Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

*Tripper* wrote: »
    God I don't know now, any lowered car i've been in, with the exception of executive cars, the ride has been horrible, most notably a VW Golf.

I'm sure it varies hugely between different cars, and how much you want to trade comfort for handling. I didn't notice a massive difference in comfort, but the cornering was much crisper. Now, as for low profile tires - I don't know if I would do that again.

Advertisement