Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N82

• 24-04-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

'lo all. first off I want to point out that I'm very annoyed with Three and you can read all about it here.

I was very keen on getting the Nokia N73 but I've been doing a bit of research and I'm being very tempted by the N82 which looks like a great phone. anyone who has one, what are you opinions on the phone?

also, I've got a few questions about the phone and how it will work with my operator Three. please excuse me if these sound like terribly stupid questions.

will I be able to use the GPS in Ireland on 3Pay? also when I go travelling Europe will I be able to use the GPS or will it depend on my network provider at that time.

is there any way I could get Skype on the phone? I know that you can use Skype on some 3Pay phones would I be able to use it on this phone?

would I eventually be able to use a 32GB microSDHC card in the phone when they're released without it slowing the phone down. also does anyone know when a 32GB microSDHC is due to be released?

would I be able to get internet access on the phone with 3Pay?

I think that's all for now. any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

gps has nothing to with the operator, unless you need to download maps?

downloaded maps are rubbsih anyway i would get garmin xt and you need never worry again about your operator

phone works fine on 3 but you cannot access my3 and that stuff (no real loss)

re skype i dunno, a lot of people use fring but im not too well up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

N82 has assisted GPS which gives a very quick fix, but does involve network charges, can´t say how much. It`s low. Without assist fix can take ages more tha 5 minutes. I got it because didn't want slider. WiFIi can very handy. Have made calls using "Fring" and "Skype " from Free wifi internet points at spanish roadside bars to Ireland for less than 2 cents a minute. WiFi call through Fing and Skype is very dependant on many factors and varies a lot. Just made a Fring call to Ireland over GPRS, but quailty was very poor and has to use mobile net instead, just a short call. Have run Camera, GPS, and Web Browser all at same time so no shortage of ram or power. Main reason for me were camera and inbuilt gps which I use with Nokia Sprts Tracker. Keypad is 50/50, Photos only now using the camera as weather in Ireland was bad and had already photos of all I wanted at home. Not an experienced GPS user so having my problem with route details. Made mistake of not upgrading Maps before leaing as they now have pedestrian navigation, which would be usefull as you would not be bound y one-way streets,etc. Doesn´t have T9 "word suggestion" which me'ol 6230i had and I loved, also for me "voice commands" is unusable, and again this worked great on 6230i. Have been able to listen to both "Newstalk" and "TodayFM" on Nokia Internet Radio, Shoutcast again over good WiFi signals here in Spain.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

cheers guys, think I'll splash out and get it. I'll probably be posting back here with queries and what not. thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone have any idea when or if this will be available from an operator here ?

Advertisement