Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Disgusting joyriding scum - When are the government going to lock these up (video inc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I was delighted when the guards rang me the other day to say that the strung out cnut who broke into my car is going to get about 5 years. :D:D:D

He was connected to a string of other robberies by the fingerprints taken from my car.

I would honestly love to be able pay some kind of one off tax to get 5 minutes alone in a room with him that has no cameras. Few of the girls in college can't figure out why I'm happy that some drugged up pr!ck is gonna spend the next 5 years in jail but I think anyone here that has had property stolen or their car broken into will understand.

Word, I'm right there with you. If I ever caught the little skum that broke into my car(s) I'd want more than 5 min!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Most people (especially those who think of cars as nothing more than transport) just don't get it. Car thieves and those low life junkies who usually steal from cars should all be put down. Bring back public hangings, for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

[QUOTE=Nuttzyy;55751285
    The amount of cars being stolen in the past 3 months is an absolute joke, a lot of folks dont hear about it or arent aware of just how bad this car robbing has become. A lot of young peoples cars are stolen and its sort of ignored to an extent, young people tend not to complain/report as much as older people. If 10 Audi A4'd or passats were stolen tomorrow it can be guaranteed these middle aged owners would be on the radio, hounding for action, etc... But because its mostly youngsters cars stolen to an extend it sort of gets passed over.

The government need to sort this problem out, tougher jail sentences are needed, if you're caught robbing a car or in a stolen car joy-riding it should be 2/3years jail minimum. There are lads with over 50 convictions for car crime walking the streets, these scumbags should be in jail for 5 -10 years.[/QUOTE]

Lads you are talking about this problem like its something new and young car owners are being targeted. Joy riding has been a major problem in this country for over thirty years now. When it was making headlines back in the late seventies and eighties, there was often 10 to 15 cars joy riding around estates in most of our major cities / towns on any given night.

The cars that were typically stolen back then were big Fords, BMW's, Opels etc. and dispite the typically middle aged, middle incoming owners complaining about it, the government couldn't to stop it.

There was even a march to the Dail from Parnell square to highlight the problem, after a teacher was effectively murdered on the Swords by pass by three little scumbags in a stolen 3 series BMW, back in 1985.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

when ever i see joy-riders i give them a a hex.... or a dirty look , given the chance id make sure there never seen again ;)

Advertisement