Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Album - Best of All Time?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, I know music is in the ear of the beholder and all that but I'm wondering if Michael Jackson's Bad album crosses the bounderies of genre and is accepted as the best album of all time? Ok maybe ye can never say any album is the best in music but what do michael jackson fans think? It has to be at least HIS best of all time.

Just looking at the tracklist demands ye crack one off:

Bad
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Speed Demon
    Liberian Girl
    Just Good Friends
    Another Part Of Me
    Man In The Mirror
    I Just Can't Stop Loving You
    Dirty Diana
    Smooth Criminal
    Leave Me Alone

I thought I remembered it having a weak link but it just doesnt. Every song is top notch, there isn't one where ye think "maybe i'll skip this".

Imo it beats thriller and everything out there before it even gets up for breakfast...

EDIT: Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVIGUIuzswc&feature=related

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Looking at the time of your post OP, I can only assume you had just returned from the pub before posting this :p

I can't think of any other reason for this "Bad" suggestion for a good album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

In answer to your Question.....Nope. But thats just my opinion ..it might be Michael Jackson best album but not the best album ever

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

best album ever. hahaha.

well.

maybe for "man in the mirror"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Not even Jacksons best album

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

demands ye crack one off:
    If you were talking about an album by anyone other than Michael Jackson (or Garry Glitter) this wouldn't make me shudder but seriously do you really think this album is better than <plucks one of the countless betters albums> Stevie Wonders Innervisions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

+1 Innervisions

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I don't really like it at all.

For me, his albums, best to worst would be:

Thriller
    Off the Wall
    Dangerous
    Bad
    History