Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pc built - cant find bios

Options
  • 24-04-2008 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just built a new pc and when i turn it on i cannot even get the bios screen to work. its just a blank screen.I took out battery and reset bios but still nothing. all my fans are working. All parts are new and my psu has 850w. I just cannot figure it out. I even tryed the bare minimum parts to see would anything happen but nothing.any advise

Thanks in advance for advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Try reseating ram and gpu, it might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭coolkid

i reseated the ram and graphics card and still nothing just a blank screen.
    im lost for ideas. anyone able to help please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

coolkid wrote: »

Are you getting a beep from the speaker? That usually signifies that everything is good even if you're not getting picture.

Has the main board got another video output?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

coolkid wrote: »

Strip everything out of the case/motherboard.

Rebuild on a table outside of the case.
    (you can start a mobo outside of its case by shorting the 2 power button pins on the mobo with a screw driver)

Test with as many spare known good parts as possible.

Make sure you have all power cables plugged into the mobo, including auxillary ones (extra 4/8 pin etc)

Make sure gfx card has extra pci-e power cable plugged in if you have a power hungry gfx card.

Usually in this case you would look at the ram or gfx card being out of place or maybe something in the case causing a short on the motherboard as already suggested.

However if possible test with a spare psu.

A build for my little brothers went tis up on me recently, same gig as yourself:black screen on startup, was convinced it was the ram. Turns out it was the psu.

Used an older 350w FSP blue storm psu which powered up the system perfectly much to my amazment, would never have considered the psu at all.

(the antec 450w which should be better didn't!)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

your ram may need a higher voltage to work try one stick only if it boots go into the BIOS and up the ram voltage .

• Advertisement
Advertisement