Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick

• 24-04-2008 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

There's a video rental shop in Limerick city that's also an internet/PS3 Xbox360 gaming cafe and they have GTA4 advertised on thewindow in a big display - 28th April. This is deliberate on their part as I went in before and they seem to be well up on all game info. Do you think places will sell it on Monday? Would love to get it in Tescos Monday evening. Waiting til Tue seems out of the way!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'm guessing this video shop beging with "M" and rhymes with "Rome"?

thanks for the heads-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

where is this mrome place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Will they be selling it on monday?

I have no car to drive into town today to ask them

William St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

2 Espressi wrote: »
    I'm guessing this video shop beging with "M" and rhymes with "Rome"?

thanks for the heads-up!

Mome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

more than likely either one of these two things:

1. a typo 8 is strangely enough very close to 9 on a keyboard.

2. complacency, most releases happen on a monday in the UK, perhaps that's where the display was manufactured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

So Cremo, you say it was just a mistake or something? Anyway, I'm not travelling 3 hours or so to get any game a day earlier! But sure, it doesn't matter anyway... I'll be in Manchester on release day heading to see the Barca game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no i'm just guessing, i don't live in limerick nor do i have any intentions of ever doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haha! To right. You must be from around Dublin, or is that just my instints talking shìte!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

No, it's not a typo, around every 6 weeks, they get an artist to paint a big picture of a game or film on the front window, it looks really good. Well no guesses its GTA4 and it says 28th April. Sure they're independent, and who's going to tell Rockstar anyways? I'll take a picture of it tomorrow if ye want and post it up. Might go in and ask them to reserve me a copy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nailz wrote: »
    I'll be in Manchester on release day heading to see the Barca game!!

Off topic by miles but....jammy git!:(

kaji wrote: »
    No, it's not a typo, around every 6 weeks, they get an artist to paint a big picture of a game or film on the front window, it looks really good. Well no guesses its GTA4 and it says 28th April. Sure they're independent, and who's going to tell Rockstar anyways? I'll take a picture of it tomorrow if ye want and post it up. Might go in and ask them to reserve me a copy too

Ask them for a copy and if you get it post up here ASAP

Advertisement