Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember this film?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

It has been annoying me for months, but I can't remember the name of this film I saw a few times as a kid.

Its an animated movie, I would imagine from around late 70s early 80s "Star Wars" buzz period.

Don't remember that much about it but it starts off with a man who is a slave in these tunnels on this planet. His whole tribe of people live and work in these mines, never knowing outside. One day he manages to escape and goes on to escape the planet completely. At the end he comes back and frees his people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Is it this one by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

That's the one, cheers (good memory)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Whoah!

Now there's a trip down memory lane! Must see if I can find a copy of it for old time's sake, I really enjoyed that film...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Wicknight wrote: »
    That's the one, cheers (good memory)
    I wish my memory was that good :) It was bugging me for a while so I spent an hour or two of boredom induced googling sometime last year and figured it out.
    Sarky wrote:
    Must see if I can find a copy of it for old time's sake, I really enjoyed that film...
    I picked up a copy of it from an amazon.com marketplace seller, was pretty cheap from what I remember. Seemed to be only released on R1 when I was looking for it. Must actually get around to watching it, I figure it probably seemed a lot better when I was kid though!

Advertisement