Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What job should your man do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

Thaedydal wrote: »
    A fireman ?
    Someone who works all sorts of shifts, has a high risk of injury and depression.

Personally I think that thinking in such away to be a bit daft and would be more of the mindset that who a person is is more important then what they do and as along as it intrestest them and they are following thier passion.

Gawd, lighten up dear :) I'm am thinking in a more fun, if you like romantic way, idealist, if you will.

How dyou pronounce your name, phonetically, I mean? Out of curiosity, like?

sar84 wrote: »
    My bf is doing construction in college at the moment & works on a building site part time/summer/ etc

There is something incredibly sexy about him coming home from work in filthy jeans & covered in dirt & sweat. its insane, if youd told me a few yrs ago id find that hot id tell you you were mental.

Blue snickers pants and a hard hat, ohh yess :D

Tails142 wrote: »
    spot the lesbian

What? Who're you talking to? No need to be mean

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Moonbaby wrote: »
    No No No!
    My ideal mans passion is going to be me and our family.
    I've had it up to my ears with men who think the world revolves about their job, hobby and/or mission to save the world.

Too right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gawd, lighten up dear :) I'm am thinking in a more fun, if you like romantic way, idealist, if you will.

Ok roleplaying I certainly get,
    there are all sorts of 'fun' outfits if you want to play but there is a difference between that and putting up with being married to a fire man.
    How dyou pronounce your name, phonetically, I mean? Out of curiosity, like?

Thae id al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hehe. The diddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

WindSock wrote: »
    Hehe. The diddle.

Damn you Shabadu and that podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

The MOST important job any man can do is to please his other half ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

St Bill wrote: »
    The MOST important job any man can do is to please his other half ;):)

Someone's getting brownie points in here with that little comment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Blue snickers pants and a hard hat, ohh yess :D

For me it's all about the hi vis jacket. And, the farmer's tan marks at the neck, and on the strong, strong, strong arms. *day dreams happily*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Jaysus, it'd take a lot to get me to marry a farmer. I grew up on a farm, farming isn't a job, it's a vocation, and it's paper-wealth with empty pockets really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

My ma has been trying to talk me into a farmer "get a bit of land, sure that's money in the bank, etc", I think I'd like a fireman (who wouldn't :p), but I'll probably end up with some office type or civil Sevant from work or something.

Are you for real?????? :mad::mad::mad:

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Jaysus, it'd take a lot to get me to marry a farmer. I grew up on a farm, farming isn't a job, it's a vocation, and it's paper-wealth with empty pockets really.

OP is from Meath, I imagine they are a different breed entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Are you for real?????? :mad::mad::mad:
    What?

Don't know why, but I've always liked the idea of a guy being an architect - masculinity crossed with artiness maybe... I don't know.

Himself is a chippy - like Jesus :)

We have architects in my college, they tend to hole up with themselves and send lone short straw pickers on gorrila style sustenance attainment missons.
    I can't say I would describe any of them creatures as masculine. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tbh its not men with wads of cash and high powered jobs that do it for me. Its the ones with a vision, determination. Probably in or around the spends I have. Its far more exciting. I duno what happens to them when they get comfortable for cash. I cant generalise and say it changes them all, but a lot of them turn into pretentious fools. The car they buy is key, prickmobiles I call thums. And, I actually feel sorry for them.

Apologies for the rant, but I like 'em untarnished by money. I dont really care what line of work, but having a vision and loving a challenge is a turn-on for me.

College lecturer - I'd find that pretty hot. But not the students lusting after him...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Work that he enjoys so much, that when he comes home, he is fun to be with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive got me a house husband, for the most part, which suits us both pretty well. i come home from work, there's every chance the place is clean, and he's remembered that i wanted to put my clothes out to dry, and they'll be there on the line when i get home :) plus, he's nicely relaxed, instead of coming home at the same time as me all stressed.

though he used to work as a roadie, which is just plain awesome. he got to meet a lot of big bands, and follow his passion for music. way he saw it was that music was everything, and he couldnt play an instrument, but at least this way he could give something back to it. i think twould be quite ideal if he did that again, if he was to go back working again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ive got me a house husband, for the most part, which suits us both pretty well. i come home from work, there's every chance the place is clean, and he's remembered that i wanted to put my clothes out to dry, and they'll be there on the line when i get home :) plus, he's nicely relaxed, instead of coming home at the same time as me all stressed.

though he used to work as a roadie, which is just plain awesome. he got to meet a lot of big bands, and follow his passion for music. way he saw it was that music was everything, and he couldnt play an instrument, but at least this way he could give something back to it. i think twould be quite ideal if he did that again, if he was to go back working again.

You lucky woman you! I hear from my fellow musicy types its not so fun going out with someone who is currently a roadie. No idea where they are of what they are up to most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

cuckoo wrote: »
    For me it's all about the hi vis jacket. And, the farmer's tan marks at the neck, and on the strong, strong, strong arms. *day dreams happily*

Its the arms.. i told him from the beginning its all about the arms.. :D not big over muscley arms, just nicely defined strong arms.. ive gone into a little daze thinking about his arms now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Fiona24

My bf is a full time farm manager and looks after the farm at home too. Its not all its cracked up to be, im lucky if I see him twice a week and then the earliest he can meet me is 9pm! Meeting up for a full day doesnt happen. It can be frustrating coz were together now 6 months and its getting to that half serious stage but on the other side he loves his work and is the happiest man I know so its great to not have to listen to him give out about work. I think as long as the guy is happy with what he's doing his job title is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Answer to the OP's question: whatever makes him happy.

Mod moment: tails-stupid-number-username banned for being a gobsh1te. This mod suffers from gobsh1te intolerance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Abigayle wrote: »
    Apologies for the rant, but I like 'em untarnished by money. I dont really care what line of work, but having a vision and loving a challenge is a turn-on for me.

Well as a broke guy who someday hopes to change the way people think via the words i write or the photographs that i take this is always nice to read!

Non-materialistic people ftw!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moonbaby wrote: »
    We have architects in my college, they tend to hole up with themselves and send lone short straw pickers on gorrila style sustenance attainment missons.
    I can't say I would describe any of them creatures as masculine. ;)

My husband is a qualified architect 4yrs now & I think he's masculine & hunky...maybe they mature like a fine wine? (or stinky cheese) :)

I'm happy if he's happy, as long as that means he has a job or at least a career plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dragan wrote: »
    Well as a broke guy who someday hopes to change the way people think via the words i write or the photographs that i take this is always nice to read!

Non-materialistic people ftw!!! :D

Sounds interesting Dragan. :)

Watching someone else being really into something and nuturing their dream is exciting. Being enthusiastic for them, and being there when the chips are down and when they make their big break.

You can trust them more imo, than if you just met them when the show was over.

Just my take on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Ideally, I would want my partner to do whatever job makes him happy. A happy OH is most important. But I find college professors and architects sexy. I love men in suits.

Now my brother is a firefighter, which a lot of women seem to find really attractive. The schedule is crazy (24 hour shifts!), but his women don't seem to mind.

...I find college professors and architects sexy.
    Exact same as me... Although I don't always find men in suits attractive.
    Now my brother is a firefighter, which a lot of women seem to find really attractive. The schedule is crazy (24 hour shifts!), but his women don't seem to mind.
    Just because firefighters are depicted as really buff in TV programmes, doesn't mean they are in reality - especially in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Dudess wrote: »
    Just because firefighters are depicted as really buff in TV programmes, doesn't mean they are in reality - especially in Ireland.

Yeah, my brother's firefighter friends aren't all strapping and manly. I will say that they do get a lot of downtime during the 24 hour shift, and my bro chooses to use that downtime to work out, so he is quite buff. He's a good looking guy, so I can see where women who like the firefighter thing would be attracted to him. But not all firefighters fit that mold.

• Advertisement

My husband is a qualified architect 4yrs now & I think he's masculine & hunky...maybe they mature like a fine wine? (or stinky cheese) :)

I knew that was going to happen.:p

Advertisement