Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost: Via Domus, really not that bad.

• 24-04-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Ok, to preface this thread, I'm not a huge fan of the series. Watched the first 2 series but then stopped because, contrary to what any fan will tell you, they're making it up as they go along (imo;))

So... I played this for about 3 hours last night, and really don't see why everybody slates it. The graphics are quite nice and the 5.1 mix is great. Some voicework is poor and character models vary between exemplary and average. But as a game itself, it's nowhere near as bad as it's average review score would have you believe. The fuse puzzles are fun (much better then the water puzzles in Bioshock), and the breakdown of the game into episodes is also a nice touch.

Anybody else out there enjoying (or enjoyed) this game, I can't be alone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked it too. I got it as a rental in Xtravision and finished it over 3 nights. I am a fan of the show and liked the way key events from series 1 and 2 happened during the game. Some pieces were pretty poor, though - I wasn't really a fan of the fuse puzzles, and the flashbacks were (apart from the last one or two) pretty boring - at least they're short.

I also hated that Black Rock / Dynamite level.

What I loved - The 2 mini-games where you have to run through the jungle, exploring the hatch (and the related puzzles in there), and the ending. It was a total head scratcher (I'm still not sure I understand it), but it was pretty cool.

Oh and for the gamerpoint whores, its the softest 1000 points you'll ever earn. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

gamerscore whores the lot of ye :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mr E wrote: »
    Oh and for the gamerpoint whores, its the softest 1000 points you'll ever earn. :)

have you played TMNT the game of the movie. Now that is an easy 1000 points

Avatar is supposed to be very soft too.... I think we're going off track here.

Back to Lost !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Vegeta wrote: »
    gamerscore whores the lot of ye :pac:

Cough... Fifa Street, hogging the 'lead profile'... Cough:p

And yes, back to Lost.

I gather I'm most of the way through the game now, I've just started episode 5. If the game has done anything it's piqued my interest in the show again
    Although I hear they killed off Eko, I loved that guy

So, a genuine criticism is that it is short, but worth playing still. Well, perhaps with the caveat that one has at least a basic knowledge of the tv show.

• Advertisement

Yep, I think if you had never seen the tv show, you'd be totall lost (pun intended)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,606 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Played through the PS3 one..
    while not the worst game ever made and far too short, I think the only reason I feel like that is because I like the series..
    If it had been a completely original IP and not had a huge backstory to draw on, I think its average to low marks would be about right and some reviews would probably have been a lot tougher on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I enjoyed it a lot more than I enjoyed, say, Halo 3 or COD4.

Far too short though was the main problem with it, completed it over the course of a week playing one or two hours each evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    I was wondering why your gamerpoints shot up in the last few weeks.. now I know! :D

Up yours basquille. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Well, I finished this last night, so that's about 5 hours gaming in total. Enjoyed it I have to say, and I have a new found interest in the show again (probably won't act upon it however).

So, very short, but it worked for what the game was! Theories on the ending anyone???:p

Advertisement