Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Order Domain

Options
  • 24-04-2008 9:43am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Question. How reliable are the back order for domain names that are set to expire? Do they work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I've paid for them twice, twice they have failed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on the domain. Backorders only work if the domain is not renewed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

blacknight wrote: »
    It depends on the domain. Backorders only work if the domain is not renewed.

So if its renewed, hard luck. If not, I will get it? I don't want to publicly state the domain, but if its of any use ill send it over PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If it's not renewed and no-one else has back ordered it then yes, you should get it. If however more than one person wants it (has bid on it) they usually go to auction, where they can get very expensive.
    Who are you using to backorder the domain with?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was considering namecheap.. Had not really thought about it. I dont think anybody is going to buy the domain if it expires, and I have no idea if it will even expire (person might renew it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement