Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

current xbox deals

• 24-04-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

having decided to get an xbox360.. am wondering if the deal talked about in xtravision is the best out there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

IMO I think the xtravision one is the best. Thats the one I got and am happy with it.
    I checked in game, HMV, argos, gamestop, havery norman etc.... and for the premium its €279 the bundles are 1 game its 310 and 2 its 330.
    Not great considering xtra is giving a premium and four games, so you are getting 4 games for a fiver each and rental vouchers to boot. Is the offer still on though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I was in Gamestop (Henry St.) during lunch. They still have their Premium for €259. This has 1 (maybe 2, I wasn't paying attention) game(s), extra wireless controller and and Eircom modem for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I was in Gamestop (Henry St.) during lunch. They still have their Premium for €259. This has 1 (maybe 2, I wasn't paying attention) game(s), extra wireless controller and and Eircom modem for some reason.

Thats only if you sign up to eircom broadband!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

gamestop never have any good deals, ignore all their offers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

neacy69 wrote: »
    Thats only if you sign up to eircom broadband!

Ah right. They didn't have that on the sign. Crap deal so (unless you do actually want broadband with Eircom)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

got the four games.. halo3 twice as a mate wanted it more than i wanted a sceneit quiz game..

any advice on what extras i should buy.. thinking of that wireless adaptor to connect with my pc
    any other must haves?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

so whats the full offer in xtra vision? how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

299.99 for premium console with 4 selected games, halo 3, gow, forza 2, and about 3 others to choose from depending on stock

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

not bad might pick one up next week, have forza already but my brother can use the 2nd copy, wouldnt mind gettin halo 3 gow and pgr4 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

In the latest Xtravision magazine the 360 Pro is advertised for e279.99. Another price drop.

• Advertisement

probably just the console on its own. i inquired about any other deals in xtra-vision earlier, they are doing 299 premium with halo3 and gta4 but it seems they are keeping the 4 games deal as well. no deals on the arcade in xtra-vision. im hoping GAME will do a gta arcade pack deal for 220, they are already doing it with 1 game from a selection of 4decent games. then again, a 399 ps3+gta pack would be nice too, GAME will be doing that one for 440. decisions, decisions.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i inquired about any other deals in xtra-vision earlier, they are doing 299 premium with halo3 and gta4 but it seems they are keeping the 4 games deal as well.

e299 Pro bundle with Halo3 and GTAIV? Just those two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Think GAMESTOP are doing a deal, where it's €410 for a 360 Elite, with two games and two controllers. The games are from a good selection too, GTA4 included!!

Passenger wrote: »
    e299 Pro bundle with Halo3 and GTAIV? Just those two games?

so i was told by staff in the mccurtain street branch. its still a good deal when you consider its 20 euro for 2 big games but yea, the 4 games deal is still best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidorgan

Just got my xbox 360 (premium i think, the one after the arcade) today. €299 in xtra vision with 4 games(halo 3, gears of war, pgr4 and some crappy blue dragon game which ill try and trade in gamestop) Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Still have to get pro evo tho. They didnt have it in stock :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

isn't the Argos deal decent enough, not too pushed on the games as I have them already (Forza & Viva Pinata) but 249 for a premium console is a decent price and if you can get 10 or 20 euros on trading in the games it brings the price down further, the only thing I would be worried about is getting the a cosole with HDMI, I already have a 360 but its freezing

Advertisement