Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes Irish Episode ?

• 24-04-2008 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I don't watch it (been told I should), but I heard there was an episode of Heroes set in Ireland (how little the Irish countryside looks like Southern California).

Anyone know which episode number it is ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

First couple of episodes of season 2, some of the worst oirish accents you'll ever here, nearly as bad as that eastenders irish special all those years back but not quite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sadly, it didn't top captain planet in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It was supposed to be Cork... and the accents were so atrocious it was worse than Murder She Wrote.

So bad it could spawn drinking games- drink every time an Irish cliche is used...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

And in one episode somebody pulls up in a black London cab.

Great research there, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

And in one episode somebody pulls up in a black London cab.

Great research there, lads.

Like setting an episode in New Orelans and all the action is in one room and everyone has New York accents:rolleyes: I used think it was a great programme, now I'm not so sure.

Saabdub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

twould not be an episode to start with if you were to begin watching heroes, go with season one instead, season two wasn't great and as a Cork man I had fight every urge not to throw stuff at my tv watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sherifu wrote: »
    Sadly, it didn't top captain planet in Belfast.
    Possibly the genesis of the good friday agreement.

"That sounds like a Catholic name!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I thought it was hilarious. There were a few accents that could just about pass for modern Irish accents, but not Cork accents. All the rest were trying to hard.

I thought it was very thoughtful of them to make sure Ireland looked as dark and backwards as they did. Why ruin the stereotype? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Also loved it when the Securicor guys took out their glocks and started firing back at the guys robbing them :rolleyes:

I must add that my mother works where it was set (yes she works 'down the docks') and it was nice to see a different side to what I've grown up with.

Still, I didn't take any of it too seriously. I doubt anyone other than the Irish people will notice anything 'wrong'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

janeybabe wrote: »
    Still, I didn't take any of it too seriously. I doubt anyone other than the Irish people will notice anything 'wrong'.
    You'd be surprised then - lots of the American posters on forums like TWOP picked up on it and mockingly referred to it as "Oirish".

ixoy wrote: »
    You'd be surprised then - lots of the American posters on forums like TWOP picked up on it and mockingly referred to it as "Oirish".

Good! Well I'd expect that from TWOP!

It seemed quite odd that they had it based in Cork. I mean it doesn't seem to have made an impact on the show really.

Advertisement