Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused Mature Person

Options
  • 24-04-2008 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

To cut a long story very short, I got a place in an NUI on my Leaving Cert results almost 10 years ago but didn't get accommodation so I deferred but I didn't take the place up the year after.
    So to bide my time I undertook a Secretarial and Tourism course and I have since wandered through various mundane office jobs.
    This year I applied for two college courses in Dublin and have accepted one of them.
    However the more I think of it the more I'm unsure if I want to return to education, make the move to Dublin or if I even have an interest in either course! :rolleyes: :o
    I know I definitely want a career of some kind but I am qualified for more or less nothing and good jobs are hard to come by so it's almost as if I'll try anything, including going to college, out of desperation! :eek:
    Has anyone else had this kind of feeling?? and what was the outcome??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

fifomania wrote: »
    However the more I think of it the more I'm unsure if I want to return to education, make the move to Dublin or if I even have an interest in either course! :rolleyes: :o
    This is the most important thing in my opinion. Moving to Dublin, studying etc (all the big changes) will come easily if you're sure that you're doing what you want to do.
    I know I definitely want a career of some kind but I am qualified for more or less nothing and good jobs are hard to come by so it's almost as if I'll try anything, including going to college, out of desperation! :eek:
    Has anyone else had this kind of feeling?? and what was the outcome??
    What kind of career are you interested in? Is the course you've accepted related to that area? You'll enjoy the course a lot more if you know that it'll give you knowledge of whatever field it is you're interested in.

I've been through similar uncertainties about what to do. I started a college course a few years ago that I wasn't interested in at all. I hadn't thought properly about what I actually wanted to do. After spending a couple of years in that course I'm now out in the workforce for a while, and I'm only now deciding whether I want to go back to college and what I'd like to do.

Advertisement