Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2FM Breakfast Radio

• 24-04-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

It sucks. Can I say that? I don't even know who the DJs are, colm and jimjim or something, but all they talk about is what's on Television. On a competing medium. Rté have gone through a succession of DJ lineups since the departure of Ryan Tubridy, and none of them have come close to living up to his legacy.

Perhaps this best illustrates how insufferable 2FM has become in the morning- it almost makes Ian Dempsey bearable. Almost.

[iPod FTW!]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

I find that they tend to crack alot of in-house jokes... The listeners don't have a clue what they are on about so why do they even bother doing this??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Agree completely, they just took their drivel from FM104 to 2FM. Most of the morning is spent playing their "jingles" and parodies of songs. Plus most of the stuff they play has been knocking around the internet for years... How can you pay these people when anyone with a few hours to spare could find this and play it on the air....

What about moving T.Y. radio from a Sunday evening to the morning slot:rolleyes:..... Nah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Well i hav to disagree I think they are nice and cheery in the morning!
    Id have cracked up listen to any other crap on the radio!
    Having said that i was driving from wicklow to carlow so its ok for Dublin People who have a load of stations to chose from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

One of the other things that I have noticed is that alot of their jokes are Dublin based... Slaggings and the likes. So people down the country won't necessarily get what they are talking about or in fact slagging.

Anyone know who produces their show???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

One of the other things that I have noticed is that alot of their jokes are Dublin based... Slaggings and the likes. So people down the country won't necessarily get what they are talking about or in fact slagging.

Aidan Leonard.

And this argument about the pale has happened over and over again and again. Does that mean that only yummy mummies in Dublin or from Dublin driving the kids to school in the big feck off jeep only get the jokes that the Morning Crew on 98fm punish us with every morning.

Granted Colm and Jimbo need to do a house tidy. Sounded much better this week with out cindy or bindy or what ever her name is.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

You know what the joke is on us (the tax & license fee payer) as we are paying their wages :(

No doubt the lads are reading this having a great laugh as they don't really give a hoop what you or I think.

They copied and pasted a format which they obviously think is hilarious but people are getting tired of it now, if they werent already!

As for the various 'charachters' they have on, e.g. 'Dougie Highlife' AKA Gavin and Paidi the skanger, who exactly finds this funny :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i havent listened to them in yonks cos i found them repetitive and boring but i found dougie highlife funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

bbability wrote: »
    Sounded much better this week with out cindy or bindy or what ever her name is.......

yeah the bosses daughter - she's woeful. I quickly reach for another preset button on the car radio when she comes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sizzler wrote: »
    You know what the joke is on us (the tax & license fee payer) as we are paying their wages :(

No we're not... take a look at this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

No we're not... take a look at this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211345

HFD :D

Pi**in away their own money, good for them ! Doesn't exactly improve their CV ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

ah theyre ok, better than dempsey anyday and his self interest so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I'm from "down the country" I get their jokes I just think they're stupid jokes.. First day I listened to them aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeessssssssss ago they were joking about a car being bought with a turd on the back seat.. I just wonder is this really the kind of "humour" suited to early morning radio when kids are getting ready for school etc!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

petals wrote: »
    I'm from "down the country" I get their jokes I just think they're stupid jokes.. First day I listened to them aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeessssssssss ago they were joking about a car being bought with a turd on the back seat.. I just wonder is this really the kind of "humour" suited to early morning radio when kids are getting ready for school etc!!!

I would think most kids would find that humour funny. If you're unfamiliar with Colm & Jim Jim it can take a while to get into their style. After a while you find yourself liking their banter. I think it's finally starting to find it's feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I would think most kids would find that humour funny. If you're unfamiliar with Colm & Jim Jim it can take a while to get into their style. After a while you find yourself liking their banter. I think it's finally starting to find it's feet.

It's not suitable humour for that hour of the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Are you familiar with Chris Moyles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Even with all their faults Colm and Jim Jim still dont match the Rick and Ruth show for car crash breakfast radio.

But if we think about , is their actually anybody in the 2fm lineup or anybody they could poach from a rival station who could make a better fist of 2FM brekkie-Will Leahy possibly, but apart from him?? None even come close to what Tubridy had in 2FM.

If they kept their producers/ broadcast assistant off the air and dumped the painfully unfunny sketches, they might have the bones of a half decent show. Nothing against Lindy doing her job, but she isent meant to be a presenter aswell.
    What about moving T.Y. radio from a Sunday evening to the morning slotrolleyes.gif..... Nah

Ha,No problem with that..as long as they dont talk over/cut short songs and have a decent playlist, I'm all for it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

I don't agree at all. That's the nature of the show. They weren't poached from FM104 because they told polite jokes and had squeaky clean sketches. While it might not appeal to you, I would think most kids getting ready for school would love hearing a call like the one you heard.

If anything, I think their show has toned down a lot since their old days on The Strawberry.

Advertisement