Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anyone Played Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

My friends got it imported from japan along with a CD with firmware on it, anytime he wants to play the game, he has to insert the firmware in twice and let it load? I was thinking 'was it worth it?' The game runs fine, i was wondering would all these new characters like sonic and snake make it a bit weird? But they seem to work very nicely with the game! I was playing as sonic against my friend as jigglypuff, and i was beating him at his own game by rolling around in a fast ball at very fast speeds.

So i went on to play as snake, he's great for up close fighting, but he's a very tricky character to master, most of the old characters are similar to melee. But i when i was playing as link, i noticed a lot of changes, so bad that i could no longer play as him. The game itself is very competitive with friends and with the new online feature it will be even bigger! The game is full of unlockable content,and its a game that anyone can pick up and play. The only downfall for me personally was that i thought you could use the wii remote with motion but you cant, which means your better of getting your old gamecube controllers to play with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i would have been getting the old gc controller out even if the wiimote could be used. i cant wait for this game though. good to see the wii finally starting to get a couple of online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Indie18 wrote: »
    i would have been getting the old gc controller out even if the wiimote could be used. i cant wait for this game though. good to see the wii finally starting to get a couple of online games.
    The online will be great! Being able to send videos and pictures to others or submit them to Nintendo to share with people around the world, I'm not sure if there will be leader boards online? Would be great to see people competing for ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The PAL version is out June 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've got the US version of SSBB, and a Freeloader.
    IIRC, you only have to do the double load thing the very first time...

The game is excellent, and though I don't have many takers for multiplayer (and can't get it playing online - Thanks a lot NTL -_-) I've been mainly playing Subspace Emmisary, which is basically a story mode, and it's actually a lot of fun! Not to mention that there's plenty to it! I didn't expect it to be so involved!

Advertisement