Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heaven Nightclub, Blanchardstown.

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is on booking the VIP area in Heaven for a group for 21st birthday ??? Boyfriend's looking to book it for after his party, don't really think there's much point myself ... someone said it's 20 euro a head ??? :eek: Don't think it's nearly worth that !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol at VIP in Heaven. Didn't think the place did such a thing since the whole 'West' farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

It's easier than trying to get everyone into town together and into the one place !!! Pointless !!! And anyway, at that point, I reckon we'll be well intoxicated so won't care what the venue is !!!

True. I had the afters of my 21st in Heaven when we were completely smashed. Wasn't arsed about reserving an area or anything as it would just get unwanted attention from all the scum.

yeah that's also true. apparantly it's too open and anyone just starts coming in and the free champagne is p**s !!! :cool:

I vote for house party !!! :D

Lol once it's someone elses house I'm all for that. Not a chance of me ever hosting one!

• Advertisement

Haha yeah the boyfriend's house ... suitable venue ... only him, his dad and 23 year old brother living there. You wouldnt notice much of a difference in the state of the house before or after a party !!! :D there's still wine bottles and cans from a month ago in the sitting room ... I refuse to pick them up !!! :cool: Haha.

Anyone know what happened at Heaven on Saturday night ? Garda Forensics were outside it on Sunday morning. I've heard someone died but not sure. Pretty much made my mind up as to whether I'm going or not after his party !!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nope I have never been in there and never will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened at Heaven on Saturday night ? Garda Forensics were outside it on Sunday morning. I've heard someone died but not sure. Pretty much made my mind up as to whether I'm going or not after his party !!! :eek:

wasnt the 21st you were organising was it? ;)

Meh, sounds like a normal Saturday night there to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Haha yeah the boyfriend's house ... suitable venue ... only him, his dad and 23 year old brother living there. You wouldnt notice much of a difference in the state of the house before or after a party !!! :D there's still wine bottles and cans from a month ago in the sitting room ... I refuse to pick them up !!! :cool: Haha.

Hang on, that whole situation sounds familiar! Are you dating my little brother?! :eek:

I'm a 23 yr old guy, his 21st is coming up, I live at home with him and my dad, we have a fairly liberal approach to housekeeping, etc.. We don't live on the northside, but his girlfriend does, so this could be quite mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

was coming home from work on sunday morning about 8am or so and the place was ringed with crime scene tape and a few squad cars and a van were still there. Must have been something fairly serious if they were still there approx 5 hours after closing time. anyine heard anything???

orestes wrote: »
    Hang on, that whole situation sounds familiar! Are you dating my little brother?! :eek:

I'm a 23 yr old guy, his 21st is coming up, I live at home with him and my dad, we have a fairly liberal approach to housekeeping, etc.. We don't live on the northside, but his girlfriend does, so this could be quite mental!

Haha, no I'm not dating your lil brother, but guess what, my boyfriend also has a 23 year old brother but he definitely lives on the northside !!!
    was coming home from work on sunday morning about 8am or so and the place was ringed with crime scene tape and a few squad cars and a van were still there. Must have been something fairly serious if they were still there approx 5 hours after closing time. anyine heard anything???

Heard from one person that bouncers beat someone to death ... heard from the boyfriend that someone was beaten up and gardai were called and one was thrown through window of club. Lovely place, eh ??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

haven't been in there in years, has it really gotten that bad??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

haven't been in there in years, has it really gotten that bad??

Was there 2 weeks ago and seen no trouble at all.

Have to admit though, yeah, I've never seen any trouble up there any time I was there, but I've heard lots and I know by boyfriend got caught in a row between bouncers and other people and he had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on ... wrong place wrong time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

If you book your 21st there does it guarantee all of your guests admission? Heaven can be absolute cnuts at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Heard from one person that bouncers beat someone to death ...

LOL :D

The rumours people spread are unreal. Dont you think a gang of bouncers beating a customer to death might just have made it onto the news? :confused: Dunno where these things start, I really dont.

They had that beach party yoke on last week, I wasnt in but people said it was good, so presumably nothing particularly terrible happened bar the odd fight.

tbh Ive seldom seen a fight kick off there. Down the country is a warzone at night, Dublin is relatively calm in comparison.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2302516680

Someone is moaning it wasnt free in as per usual on Sunday, so presumably the club and its murderous bouncers are still plying their trade.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

Always said the same thing about light, its a nice place with a dopey crowd.
    In saying that not all people are scum what go there but you do get the usual "what you staring at" dopes.

I dont get why people are against light so much "ah its a kip, cant be going there" THERE IS NOWHERE ELSE IN BLANCH TO GO !!!!!

Go the Light, stick with your friends and have a good time.

Clear off after it closes, thats when all the **** starts !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Always said the same thing about light, its a nice place with a dopey crowd.
    In saying that not all people are scum what go there but you do get the usual "what you staring at" dopes.

I dont get why people are against light so much "ah its a kip, cant be going there" THERE IS NOWHERE ELSE IN BLANCH TO GO !!!!!

Go the Light, stick with your friends and have a good time.

Clear off after it closes, thats when all the **** starts !

It really is a pity there aren't a few more late night venues in Dublin 15. There must be at least 100,000 people living in this postcode so cannot understand why business interests haven't capitalised on this. I've friends in Donabate and we often head into Swords nearby which only has 40,000 people and you can choose from Wrights on the Main Street, Velvet, Slaughtered Lamb and the Wright Venue in Airside (all late night bars/niteclubs with djs, dance floor etc -some are better than others but at least you have the choice).

From what I hear is the typical age group in Light (late teens/early 20s), I'm afraid I'm just a bit too old for that venue which leaves absolutely no where else apart from city centre (which involves a taxi of at least 25 euro to get home). Even if they had a good late bar with a bit of music on Blanch Main Street that targetted late 20/30somethings would be a great addition. Does Captain America's have a late bar/dj upstairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

yeah man spot on there...not enough places to go in our area..

yeah captains too a late venue especially on wensdays i actually just started a thread on light/captains for the nightlife..although last night there was seemingly murder in captains outside some glassing going on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If you started a new thread, why dig this one from it's grave?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement