Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin: 26th April

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Usual Time, Usual Place...
    Starting Greyhound Track at 10
    Dundrum 10.15

Propose route out via Enniskerry as usual (planning on doin the Orwell Randonne on Sunday so no mega miles for me)

Who else is in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in.

have to go to lunch with my sister so i'll only be out for a shortish one. plus there's the randonné to consider. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm heading out around the lakes with another mate (he lives over citywest and is incapable of early starts, so have to cycle over his way), over Sally from the kilbride side. Although the weather forecast is not looking too hectic at the moment either.
    Probably not doing the randonee either, so won't see ye this weekend lads. Unless of course he decides to sleep in, in which case I'll be in touch on Sat!

I'm back in. Mate not well. Dundrum @10:15 so.
    Tiny are you going to be wearing the new kit you got, wouldn't mind seeing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    I'm back in. Mate not well. Dundrum @10:15 so.
    Tiny are you going to be wearing the new kit you got, wouldn't mind seeing it...

Yep, it'll be on display for all to see.... the kit, not me you filthy minded lot! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll be out for a short enough one since I want to take it easy on Saturday. See you in Dundrum at 10:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

A nice short one sounds do-able, see you in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I'd be interested in coming along for the next one, could someone fill me in on the details like are there any rules about wearing helmets/using mudguards like clubs have, what's the pace like etc? Nice one.

no rules like that, pace is gentle, around 22km/h avg, faster on descents obviously, slower on climbs....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The only rule is not to be late :)

Seriously, it's very laid back, wear what you want, use whatever bike you want, the guys are great for waiting at the top of hills if you're slow like I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Thanks for the replies, I hope to see you next Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'm in the same boat as ullu. Looking to go for a few spins with some other people, have been going out on my own and as a result have no real idea how I'm progressing.

How far do you usually go/how long are you out for?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Longest one yet was around 130km. We did 60km on Saturday. Having said that, there's usually plenty of opportunities to turn off and do a shorter route if you don't feel up for a long one. Most week's we'd all start together and some would break off/turnaround along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Longest I've done so far was 100km, yesterday I did 80km with some climbing.
    130km sounds long but I suppose it's probably about time I started lifting it a bit if I have any hope of doing the W200.

Ah, if you're doing the W200 it might be time to start pushing the boat out a bit. Only six weeks to go. If you've done 100 already, you should do fine with the Boards group. The pace is never that high and we regularly regroup along the way.

Advertisement