Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how is lotro these days?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 12:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys ,while i did really enjoy LOTRO i quit and went back to wow because of its huge amount of 5 man dungeon instances that lotro did not have at the time.
    The max level content is simply enormous in wow and the game really only starts at lvl 70.

I see a new patch is realeased soon or is it today for lotro?
    I havent played in many months nor have i really followed the patch notes but i always said id resubscribe if and when the game got decent end game content.
    Has the game any more max level content than it had?
    Im not interested in pvp at all, the only reason i play wow is for the pve dungeons and raids.
    Id love to return to lotro but only if it has the content i enjoy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The patch is getting released I think next week for the Europeans.
    Must say I've never been one for the PvE side of things but am enjoying it atm, I suspect though that's because I've encountered a good bunch of people to play with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PVE is the reason i play wow or any other mmo tbh.
    Nothing like dungeons working out tactics to down bosses and hope of nice loot drops.
    Atleast thats what i enjoy about wow,im really hoping lotro has similar content nowadays.
    To me that was its only main flaw when i played it last about 10 months or so ago.

So are there end game dungeons and instances to explore these days?

Whats with having to download all these seperate updates from 3rd part sites?
    Does autoupdate still work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Dcully wrote: »
    PVE is the reason i play wow or any other mmo tbh.
    Nothing like dungeons working out tactics to down bosses and hope of nice loot drops.
    Atleast thats what i enjoy about wow,im really hoping lotro has similar content nowadays.
    To me that was its only main flaw when i played it last about 10 months or so ago.

So are there end game dungeons and instances to explore these days?

Whats with having to download all these seperate updates from 3rd part sites?
    Does autoupdate still work ?

Hey Cully! I've taken hellfire under my wing and himself and my alt have been leveling up more or less together.

There are about 6 endgame dungeons at the moment. As long as you don't over play it there is plenty to do. If you decide to get back into it let me know as I will invite you to the kinship as well. The expansion pack due in Autumn should bring alot more end game stuff for us to do.

Autoupdate should work for you but expect to have to leave it for a long time to catch up on the updates. I assume you have uninstalled it since you played last and are starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hell, even I'm back playing now. Granted, that's only very recently (stupid crappy broadband died on my) but if I'm back playing then thousands will follow. I really am that popular!!! Honest!

Loads of problems for us Irish Lotro players last night. I checked it about 11pm though and its now lag free.

I should be on early Saturday if you want to team up Cully. Hellfire is usually on for a bit as well at that time.

• Advertisement

Yeah i got on lastnight about 11 too.
    Logging in in a jiffy.
    I rolled a minstrel as i just love healing in MMOs.

cool, What's your characters name.

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah i got on lastnight about 11 too.
    Logging in in a jiffy.
    I rolled a minstrel as i just love healing in MMOs.

LOL, you must have 5 alts on the go at the moment!

Make sure you add Handlebar to your friends list as I play on him a good bit at the moment. The new update being released new week should enable us to sync our quests(and Fiach(hellfire)) together and level at the same time. Hopefully you last a bit longer this time!

Edit: Have you got a warg at all? Sataurday nights are usually puppy patrol nite and can be quite fun. If you dont have a warg rolled yet try to get one together for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lister1 wrote: »
    LOL, you must have 5 alts on the go at the moment!

Make sure you add Handlebar to your friends list as I play on him a good bit at the moment. The new update being released new week should enable us to sync our quests(and Fiach(hellfire)) together and level at the same time. Hopefully you last a bit longer this time!

Edit: Have you got a warg at all? Sataurday nights are usually puppy patrol nite and can be quite fun. If you dont have a warg rolled yet try to get one together for this...

Funny you should mention Wargs, whats you creeps name? I'm WomansLib.

As if by magic a post appears -> Creeps

The dummy spitters have a warg tribe (Puppy Patrol) which gets taken out for a walk on saturday nights.

• Advertisement

Yeah Lister hope i last longer this time.
    The game is very good it just never done it for me compared to wow.
    Not sure if it will this time either but either way ive subscribed for a month to see if i can get into it.

Rev , Minstrels name as Astrel,hunter is Efioanaes and Captain is Fazlaran.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, mightly tempted to come back to this myself as well. Getting the "sitting in Shatt, not really wanting to do anything" feeling from Warcraft again, and could do with some fresh stuff. Also, after spending the entire day reading the Lord of the Rings wiki site, i could do with some tolkien fun.

If you decide to give it another go let us know. Myself, Hellfire and Cully are in the same Kin and I can get an invite for yourself as well....

I must admit im really enjoying lotro at the moment.
    Ive quite a few characters and not sure which put my time into levelling but for now im enjoying the game a lot.
    When age of conan comes out im not sure what will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

There's a 7 day trial on the US site too (cant see a link on the Europe one however).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

www.trylotro.com has a 14 day trial for all regions actually. Woots. Monster play is totally ftw if it's co-ordinated.

Must be pretty new as I haven't seen any mention of a trial around the official forums....

Advertisement