Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Limits?? How much do I use..?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey

Never had a download limit on my broadband connection. Now Im Moving into a new place that has NTL broadband and a 20gb limit.

Is there any way for me to check how my much I have "downloaded" in the past month or so on my current internet connection???? (Irish broadband) This would very much help establishing whether it will be sufficient

Also, does streaming videos (such as youtube) count as downloading? Does Making Skype calls count as much downloading??

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and input;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Afaik, NTL don't have an online checker (unless they set up on recently) like the other ISPs.
    The only way you can find out how much you've downloaded is to ring them.

You could also use a program like DUMeter to keep track.

Everything that comes from the internet to your PC counts including what you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

thanks kaiser! ILl look into DU Meter, hope it works on a Mac..

God I hope NTL have a checker cos ive had to make 3 calls to them just to establish the download limit on the package of the house im moving into!! doh

Advertisement