Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane - Sallins road closed next week for 6 weeks

Options
  • 24-04-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder to folks here:

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleases/PressReleases2008/March/PressReleaseTitle,15117,en.html
    The Council gives notice in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act, 1993 that it intends to close:

a section of R407 Sallins to Clane Road from the ESB Substation North of Sallins village for a distance of 900 metres towards Clane including both the Millicent and Bodenstown road junctions. The proposed Road Closure is required to facilitate Road realignment and junction improvements works at Castlesize, Sallins, Co Kildare

From Monday 28 April for a period of 6 weeks to Monday 9 June 2008

Alternative Routes:
    Clane to Sallins – Take R403 from Clane towards Celbridge to Barberstown Roundabout, take third exit off roundabout towards Straffan/Kill. Continue through Straffan Village towards Kill (L2007) to the Kill N 7 Interchange. Follow directional signage for Limerick/Cork/Waterford on to the N7 dual carriageway and exit the dual carriageway at Junction No 9 signposted Naas North/Sallins/R445. Follow directional signs to Sallins Village via the Monread Road and the end of diversion.

Sallins to Clane – Take R407 from Sallins towards Naas, cross over M7 Motorway Bridge onto roundabout and take first exit onto Monread Road; sign posted Dublin. At the end of the Monread Road, take second exit, sign posted Dublin, across M7 Motorway Bridge and join N7 dual carriageway north bound. Exit dual carriageway at Interchange No 7; sign posted Straffan/Kill, and follow directional signs for Maynooth/Straffan. Continue through Straffan Village (L2007) onto Roundabout at Barberstown and take first exit onto R403 to Clane village where diversion ends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

6 weeks? That's a busy road and a long diversion. Straffan is going to be busy, good job they put up those pedestrian lights.

Folks, < snipped to save prospects daffodils > that will bring you into Sallins without having to go all the way out to the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup..lot of unhappy people about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

squire1 wrote: »
    6 weeks? That's a busy road and a long diversion. Straffan is going to be busy, good job they put up those pedestrian lights.

Folks,< snipped to save prospects daffodils > that will bring you into Sallins without having to go all the way out to the N7.

Thanks a bunch, you are now sending a heap of traffic past my house. Brilliant. :(

Lol, forgot about that. Sorry. I didn't want them all coming past my door. Bloody commuters, think they can use any road they want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Mabe Im wrong but could you not go by Millicent,Cara and the new Millinum(sorry bout spelling)road??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

squire1 wrote: »
    Lol, forgot about that. Sorry. I didn't want them all coming past my door. Bloody commuters, think they can use any road they want :D

Ah, chunks.

Seriously though, Sherlockstown cross is bloody dangerous as it is. Adding more traffic to it, especially people who are not familiar with the area is deffo going to lead to a handful of serious accidents over the next few weeks.

prospect wrote: »
    Ah, chunks.

Seriously though, Sherlockstown cross is bloody dangerous as it is. Adding more traffic to it, especially people who are not familiar with the area is deffo going to lead to a handful of serious accidents over the next few weeks.

Very true but since the Sallins/Clane road will be closed the amount of traffic crossing the cross road will be greatly reduced. Still, all it takes is one....

Holly1, that is another option alright but I suspect the council are trying to route all traffic onto the straightest/safest route because as prospect points out some of those backroads are a bit dodgy, especially if you are not familiar with them. The route from Straffan to Kill is a straight run and will probably cause least amount of confusion even though it is the longest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Is it open again today, Fri 23rd? I've heard the diversion signs are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭millyj

I did hear that it was re-opening tomorrow the 24th, I think it was in the Leader??? Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Apparently the road re-opened at lunchtime :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorriekildare

Hi just to let you know that the road from Clane to Sallins is back open,:D

Advertisement