Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ive got a bit of a semi....(Uefa Cup)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe Celtic should try it. They might be still in Europe then.:p

The year Celtic made the final with O'Neill they were like that weren't they? :confused:
    Seems to work:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nah, would not go down well playing 8-1-1

It's working for them, so fair play.

Despite what certain moderators around here think, not all football has to be free flowing attack attack attack.

You do what you can to win the trophies, the record books don't note how you did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

SantryRed wrote: »
    The year Celtic made the final with O'Neill they were like that weren't they? :confused:
    Seems to work:D

Think you need to revisit the football websites to give you the real story as obviously you did not see the games

KdjaCL wrote: »
    yeah cos playing a 118 really wins the fans over, strachan is a legend for his football eh?

kdjac

He would be if he played 118 but of course you already know that he does not

DesF wrote: »
    not all football has to be free flowing attack attack attack.

I can accept not all but may 1 or even a 1/2 a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

I can see them pulling it off in Florence - they do seem to sort it out away in Europe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I can accept not all but may 1 or even a 1/2 a game

Hhah....dead right.

Have to say Davis looks quite good.

And LOL at 'Ugly Betty'.

What the fúck is that sig?

Moi Desmond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Well another great show of composed, calm and dominant defending there from Rangers ;)

Unfortunately for certain members we didnt get "skelped" and there didnt seem to be any of the nasty injuries to Rangers players in general.
    Nacho Novo didnt even break his jaw! :D

All in all, it wasnt a great performance, but thats what we have done in this competition so far why change it now?

Fiorentina have to come at us over there, and like Panathanaikos, Bremen and Sporting Lisbon before them, they will find that while we arent pretty to watch, were awfully effective at what we do.

Im quietly confident.

Now, back to the bitterness with you all.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

fookin hilarious :D

bet desf goes all sigpo on him.

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My eyes. The goggles, they do nothing.

Moi Desmond?

Look closer, you cant miss it.

Moi Desmond?
    No, the dude before you.
    Eirebear wrote: »
    Now, back to the bitterness with you all.....:p
    ALL? Hmmm?

Decent result tonight, nice one.

Great sig, just saved the gif before the gestapo go after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Its the goners hiting the town..seasons over, may as well party eh :D

• Advertisement

fookin hilarious :D

bet desf goes all sigpo on him.

:D
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252965&page=180

:)
    My eyes. The goggles, they do nothing.
    Quite.

What is it? I can't see it.

What is it? I can't see it.

Turn sigs on, can you see mine?

Killah Priest? You do surprise me esteban.

ALL? Hmmm?

Decent result tonight, nice one.

Well i didnt want to go naming names, its a shame the loveley Fionn didnt get to stay for a wee while longer though.:D

shels fans narc on anyone tbh :d

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

shels fans narc on anyone tbh :d

kdjac

Substitutions for top flight football ftw!:D

Substitututions for top flight football ftw!:D

lol bulmers on monitor moment :D

kdjac

I don't get it?

Guardian wrote:
    Rangers have played 13 matches in Europe this season. They've won four. Yet they're one game from the Uefa Cup final - work that one out. I'll let Bill H wrap things up in the style of the great Ernest H: "The game ended. I walked to the village, found my house and climbed the stairs to my room. I curled up and slept. In the morning, the sun shone, the sky was bright and I and never told anyone about heaven, Rangers, Fiorentina or justice." About right I'd say - the less said about this game the better.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/24/uefa

Is this going somewhere ADIG?

You could say weve played 13 matches in europe this season and lost 4.

Is this going somewhere ADIG?

Hopefully to a nice afternoon in Glasgow on Sunday :)

Hopefully to a nice afternoon in Glasgow on Sunday :)

I'll quite happily take another scathing report from a guardian blogger for a boring 0-0 draw on sunday thank you very much ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

is it over yet ?

God that was boring.

Pal wrote: »
    is it over yet ?

God that was boring.

It certainly was, but then again so have our home games been all season in europe.
    So far its working. And as long as it does i dont care! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This thread was ****ing hilarious to read.

why oh why do people hate Rangers?
    (apart from Celtic fans)

Well done to Rangers last night. I think Fiorentina will be too much for em in Florence. Far better side at home against Everton.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »

(apart from Celtic fans)

Mr Alan, I do hope your going to share that can of worms now that youve gone and opened it! :D;)

More than happy to Eirebear, just a bit stumped by the level of hatred for the club is all.

Nothing wrong with a bit of hatred mind ;) more just curious as to why.

More than happy to Eirebear, just a bit stumped by the level of hatred for the club is all.

What amazes me is that the actual Celtic supporters on this board, as opposed to the ones who support a team and Celtic, are far less bitter.

They have an obvious hatred for Rangers, thats perfectly understandable, but they dont have to resort to some of the OTT guff that the other do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

In a country that is mainly Catholic is not hard to see why many people would have a problem with Rangers bearing in mind there sectarian policy for years.

How often do you go to mass Countingcrows?

didnt Celtic has a similar policy for many many years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

How often do you go to mass Countingcrows?

didnt Celtic has a similar policy for many many years?

Probably best not to open this religious can of worms, I was simply explaining why most people non Celtic people I know have a strong dislike for Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

(apart from Celtic fans)

Well done to Rangers last night. I think Fiorentina will be too much for em in Florence. Far better side at home against Everton.

I was impartial to it all untill the Rangers fans started singing Royal Brittania after about an hour and I then switched over and watched the darts before I fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

patmac wrote: »
    I was impartial to it all untill the Rangers fans started singing Royal Brittania after about an hour and I then switched over and watched the darts before I fell asleep.

Before i get into this, i would like to point out that my religion and politics are nothing to do with the reason i support Rangers.
    In fact in most cases they are the opposite of the "stereotypical" Rangers supporter.

However.

I will defend to the very end the right for a British team to sing rule britannia at a game on British soil.

How is this less acceptable to people from Ireland, who could easily listen to Celtic, many of whom have never set foot in Ireland, fans sing Amhran na bhFiann, in english with bastardized lyrics?

• Advertisement

I was simply explaining why most people non Celtic people I know have a strong dislike for Rangers.

And your answer was basically "the religion of the club". thats says all anyone needs to know about those people in my opinion.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

However.

I will defend to the very end the right for a British team to sing rule britannia at a game on British soil.

How is this less acceptable to people from Ireland, who could easily listen to Celtic, many of whom have never set foot in Ireland, fans sing Amhran na bhFiann, in english with bastardized lyrics?

EB, he never said it was less acceptable. He just said he switched channel when he heard it. Personally I believe they can sing what they want so long as it's not blatantly sectarian, and TBH I'm immune to Rangers songs at this stage - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've sung along to Follow Follow once or twice, just like WGS. :D

I agree though that the English version of the Irish national anthem is puke, wish Celtic supporters wouldn't sing it. If they did, wish they'd sing it as Gaelige.

I do think it's funny how so many fans can sing GSTQ when they hate England though. How can they hate England, but love the Queen? :confused: Mind you, they call us "tattie munchers" but have billboards advertising potatoes all over Ibrox and (presumably) enjoy spuds in all their varied forms themselves, so I guess double-standards are part of the Rangers mindset. :D

Would love to know the lyrics for the bastardized Fields of Athenry though - have you got them?

PauloMN wrote: »
    EB, he never said it was less acceptable. He just said he switched channel when he heard it. Personally I believe they can sing what they want so long as it's not blatantly sectarian, and TBH I'm immune to Rangers songs at this stage - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've sung along to Follow Follow once or twice, just like WGS. :D

I agree though that the English version of the Irish national anthem is puke, wish Celtic supporters wouldn't sing it. If they did, wish they'd sing it as Gaelige.

I do think it's funny how so many fans can sing GSTQ when they hate England though. How can they hate England, but love the Queen? :confused: Mind you, they call us "tattie munchers" but have billboards advertising potatoes all over Ibrox and (presumably) enjoy spuds in all their varied forms themselves, so I guess double-standards are part of the Rangers mindset. :D

Would love to know the lyrics for the bastardized Fields of Athenry though - have you got them?

I know what he said Paul, and i wasnt really having a go at him as such...just pointing out the double standards that many Celtic fans use.
    (Its disgusting that you fly a Union Jack at Ibrox!)

Im fairly immune to Celtic songs myself, I worked in a"Celtic minded" pub in glasgow for a couple of years and would regularly find myself walking home whistling "The Celtic Way" :mad:

I dont tend to look on the Fields of Athenry as a Celtic song TBH, as for the bastardized version i take it you mean Fathers Advice?
    Its not a song i know the lyrics of, as the ones i do know offend me, but im sure i can find them.
    Ill PM them to you when i do.

As for Tattie Munchers, Meh! its nothing more than a bit of banter IMO.
    Lets face it, plenty of scots went to Canada in order to pick tatties for a living......they became known as bluenoses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Pfft, its only scottish football;).

The Premier League is where the party is at.

Bump!

Here we go again, Rangers european adventure continues, and if anyone feel like talking about it here ya go. (It can also be used for anyone wishing nasty injuries on players or even hoping they "die in their sleep" as the song suggests :p)

Im a big bag of nerves once more, thomson should be back in midfield which is a massive boost, but i dont know how this one will go.

If Rangers can keep the scores level after an hour i think well be in with a great chance, but if Mutu hits form then we could be royally buggered.

heh, thanks for the bump, the thread title made me laugh the second time too :)

I reckon this will be the end of the road for Rangers, unfortunately. :(

Although, as you said, if their anti-football (;)) can see them through for an hour or so, then the Italians will start to get antsy, no doubt.

How many team busses are your lot bringing to Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Its going to be interesting today,can Bayern again comeback in life like against Getafe,sheesh,russians doing great this season although i am not impressed with some names in their squad they will play CL next season,i think they can make surpsrise today.I would also like more that Fiore go to the final and not Rangers and on the other hand i think Bayern-Rangers final can offer the most to see,so anyway i will watch both games, we'll see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

heh, thanks for the bump, the thread title made me laugh the second time too :)

I reckon this will be the end of the road for Rangers, unfortunately. :(

Although, as you said, if their anti-football (;)) can see them through for an hour or so, then the Italians will start to get antsy, no doubt.

The Italians invented the concept of 'Anti-Football' in the form of Catannacio. Fiorentina are well used to teams playing for a nil all draw, and more than capable of breaking down dogged opposition, so replicating the tactics in Italy would be foolish IMO.

You still haven't explained your grá for Rangers, other than just to be contrary.

You still haven't explained your grá for Rangers, other than just to be contrary.
    Do I need to explain to you? Am I answerable to you? Are you my mother?

And so what if it IS just to be contrary. Would you have a major problem with that?

3, one for the playes and staff and 2 to park in the penalty area....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Do I need to explain to you? Am I answerable to you? Are you my mother?

Easy Tiger, Its a discussion forum after all. Its just unusual for Irish folk, and especially ones whose own club were treated so badly by them, to cheer for that particular side. I simply asked.
    And so what if it IS just to be contrary. Would you have a major problem with that?

Yes. Its childish and deliberate WUMming. Especially in the context of a week that a kid got murdered for being a Celtic fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement