Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ive got a bit of a semi....(Uefa Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Especially in the context of a week that a kid got murdered for being a Celtic fan.

Havnt heard about this one?

Are you going to tell us about the big nasty evil Rangers fans again?

If true, then its a disgusting act by whoever done it, but please dont try and use it to tar every single Rangers fan...or even people who just happen to not hate us all, with one brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

and especially ones whose own club were treated so badly by them
    Like a good Irish Catholic, I have forgiven them for that. :rolleyes:

Look, I simply hate Celtic. Rangers, being their biggest rivals, have found a soft spot in my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Eirebear wrote: »
    Havnt heard about this one?

Are you going to tell us about the big nasty evil Rangers fans again?

If true, then its a disgusting act by whoever done it, but please dont try and use it to tar every single Rangers fan...or even people who just happen to not hate us all, with one brush.

No, Ill save the 'evil' speech for the new song you have about ethnic cleansing... ;)

A kid in Govan returning home from Parkhead got beaten and stabbed, wrong place, wrong time. I would bet the mortgage the dirt (arrested) that did this have never been to Ibrox. Its not a question of blame, and I certainly don't hold you or the Rangers support culpable, but the reality is a gang of guys purporting to be Gers murdered a Cetic fan in cold blood. I'm saying that Des should give over deliberatly trying to provoke Celtic fans like that until the kid is buried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

DesF wrote: »

Look, I simply hate Celtic. Rangers, being their biggest rivals, have found a soft spot in my heart.

Why do you simply hate Celtic?

Like a good Irish Catholic, I have forgiven them for that. :rolleyes:.

Surely as a Shels fan, all other football allegiences flow from that?

I despise Liverpool. Not going to start cheering for Everton though. Weak logic, especially in the context of Rangers history and Shels place within in.

No, Ill save the 'evil' speech for the new song you have about ethnic cleansing... ;)

A kid in Govan returning home from Parkhead got beaten and stabbed, wrong place, wrong time. I would bet the mortgage the dirt (arrested) that did this have never been to Ibrox. Its not a question of blame, and I certainly don't hold you or the Rangers support culpable, but the reality is a gang of guys purporting to be Gers murdered a Cetic fan in cold blood. I'm saying that Des should give over deliberatly trying to provoke Celtic fans like that until the kid is buried.

Thats shocking, I honestly never heard anything about it and i hope they catch the scum that did it and lock them up for good.
    Although i have to say im also very surprised i havnt seen heard or read anyting about it.
    But on the same token, i doubt that it has anything to do with Des TBH

Some LoI fans think if it wasnt for Celtic and their Irish support, they would be turning supporters away.

Its easier than looking internally for why a league winning team in a city centre location were getting 1,200 crowds.

Thats shocking, I honestly never heard anything about it and i hope they catch the scum that did it and lock them up for good.
    Although i have to say im also very surprised i havnt seen heard or read anyting about it.
    But on the same token, i doubt that it has anything to do with Des TBH

They were caught immediatly.

All I'm saying is that its an emotional time for Des to decide to be playing this game.

A kid in Govan returning home from Parkhead got beaten and stabbed, wrong place, wrong time. I would bet the mortgage the dirt (arrested) that did this have never been to Ibrox.
    Never been to Ibrox, and this happened in Glasgow. Therefore they are certainly not Rangers fans, so have nothing to do with this discussion.

Why bring a murdered child into this anyway? Go on, asnwer that.

Its not a question of blame, and I certainly don't hold you or the Rangers support culpable, but the reality is a gang of guys purporting to be Gers murdered a Cetic fan in cold blood.
    What about all the guys who "purport" to be Rovers fans going around starting on random people in town of a Friday evening.

Oh sorry. It's not on that I associate these people with Rovers, but ok for you to associate child murdering with Rangers.

:confused::confused:
    I'm saying that Des should give over deliberatly trying to provoke Celtic fans like that until the kid is buried.
    Get a grip.

In mourning for the kid are you? Hopping on a plane to the funeral?

If you are so fúcking sensitive, perhaps you should stop using the internet for a while, you know, a year or so, until you feel up to posting again.

ffs.
    Because of all the absolute scumbags who walk around my city wearing their jersies, barstool Celtic/Republican idiots.

Im stuggling to find anything about this ONYD, do you have a link or anything as the only thing i can find relating to a murder is a 51 year old man who was beaten up in Govan on the 29th, by 3 21 year olds who were in court on tuesday.

Glasgow being the city it is, murders of this nature dont always tend to make it into the news.

But a murder of a child is a different story, especially when it is "related" to the old firm.

• Advertisement

Because of all the absolute scumbags who walk around my city wearing their jersies, barstool Celtic/Republican idiots.

You simply Celtic fans therefore you have a soft spot for Rangers fans :confused: Nothing to do with football then?

Im stuggling to find anything about this ONYD, do you have a link or anything as the only thing i can find relating to a murder is a 51 year old man who was beaten up in Govan on the 29th, by 3 21 year olds who were in court on tuesday.

Glasgow being the city it is, murders of this nature dont always tend to make it into the news.

But a murder of a child is a different story, especially when it is "related" to the old firm.
    I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to tell us the childs name.

Of course a child murder will make news. It would be all over Sky News ffs.

You simply Celtic fans therefore you have a soft spot for Rangers fans :confused: Nothing to do with football then?

And Celtic fans "relationship" with St Pauli is completely about football yes?
    I also think he said he had a soft spot for rangers...not rangers fans....

ONYD, i am in no way questioning your integrity on this, but so far i ihave only found two mentions of a murder around that time in Govan.

Both of these have been by celtic fans suggesting that it may have been Rangers fans who have done it. One was in a Scotsman forum, the other on Yahoo Answers.

Both involved a 51 year old man.

Now while this is obviously sad, any murder is, there are no other suggestions relating it to Rangers "fans".

ONYD, i am in no way questioning your integrity on this,
    I am.

ONYD, did a child actually get murdered in Galsgow this week?

If it has upset you so much, please tell us the childs name, the day it happened, and why you are linking it to Rangers fans.

I'll dig out a link after work - this happened. I got the story originally from the Huddleboard, people knew the guy and the pub the three Gers fans drank in. Etims has it too. Late teens IIRC.

the pub the Gers drank in.
    What "Gers"?

You said yourself they probably weren't Rangers fans.

Why are you doing this?
    Late teens IIRC.
    Late teens?

What, like 17,18,19?

Hardly a "child murder" is it?

Do you work for a tabloid paper?

Im gonna put this down as a case of Chinese whispers for the moment.

I find it hard to believe that even the most bitter of internet celtic fans would make this up in order to portray the evils of Rangers fans.

And Celtic fans "relationship" with St Pauli is completely about football yes?

I am not sure, this is not about SP though
    I also think he said he had a soft spot for rangers...not rangers fans....

He also said he simply hates Celtic.... not Celtic fans

• Advertisement

I am not sure, this is not about SP though

No, its about why football fans form allegiances and "soft spots" with other football teams and fans.
    He also said he simply hates Celtic.... not Celtic fans
    Fair point

No, its about why football fans form allegiances and "soft spots" with other football teams and fans.

As may be, but Celtic have an affinity with Sainkt Pauli because of perceived shared values. They arent mates with Pauli because they dislike Hamburg.

Hands up time, I was right about the Govan murder in all but the guys age. He was in this 50's

Link Here

Don't know where I got that he was younger.

But my point stands. If this was a Liverpool fan stabbed by Everton fans, would Des be allowed decide to WUM them?

But my point stands. If this was a Liverpool fan stabbed by Everton fans, would Des be allowed decide to WUM them?
    What?

You're the one who came in here going on about a "child murder" without any substantiated facts. Even blaming Rangers fans on it.

A totally false and scurrilous accusation.

And I'm the WUM?

Seriously, get a handle on reality here.

What?

You're the one who came in here going on about a "child murder" without any substantiated facts. Even blaming Rangers fans on it.

A totally false and scurrilous accusation.

And I'm the WUM?

Seriously, get a handle on reality here.

Is that your idea of an apology?

" " means a quote. I never mentioned children.

The facts are substantiated, read the article. Rangers fans killed a Celtic fan. Open and shut. The only error on my part was the guys age. Mea Culpa.

In future ONYD, please get your facts right before shouting about child murders.
    That mistake you made was a very dangerous one IMO.

As for the poor man who died after being attacked in Govan, there is nothing other than hearsay to suggest that it was actually Rangers fans, as it seems neither party involved were wearing any colours.
    Meanwhile, a Celtic fan has died after being attacked in Govan, Glasgow. Patrick McBride, 51, was assaulted by a gang around 9.30pm on Sunday.

It's believed the Gorbals man suffered a heart attack.

He was not wearing any football colours but cops believe the confrontation was triggered by the Old Firm game.

Three men, all aged 21, were arrested in connection with the incident and are expected at Glasgow Sheriff Court today.

Especially in the context of a week that a kid got murdered for being a Celtic fan.
    OK, not "child murder", but there you go.

• Advertisement

Sorry ONYD, but you were clearly quite happy for us to believe that a Child was murdered, you then went on to say he was late teens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Folks this is a UEFA cup thread, God help (or his ambassador the Holy Goalie:D) any poor visitors actually hoping to get some info on tonight's match!

Rangers fans killed a Celtic fan. Open and shut.
    Oh really?

Did you not type this earlier?
    I certainly don't hold you or the Rangers support culpable
    Nice piece of backtracking.

No-where in the piece does it say Rangers supporters were involved.

Seriously, you are being disgusting now.

Sorry ONYD, but you were clearly quite happy for us to believe that a Child was murdered, you then went on to say he was late teens.

And I admitted and clarified the error as soon as possible.

Is it somehow less tragic because he was a middle aged man?

No-where in the piece does it say Rangers supporters were involved.

Seriously, you are being disgusting now.

I'll type this slowly for you Des.

IN. THE. ARTICLE. IN. THE. BIT. EB. QUOTED. ON. HERE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Pathetic as this is, a lot of people in Ireland think like this. It also seems to be the in-thing to slag off Celtic on this soccer forum for some reason, and in general in Ireland.

Pain in the hole for real supporters as you almost have to justify your support of the club, just because people have a certain perception.

Not sure where everyone lives on this forum, but in Dublin I see plenty of scummers in Utd and Liverpool jerseys. I can see past hating everything Liverpool and Utd though.

(Sorry to hijack the thread Eirebear, enjoy the game tonight).

I'll type this slowly for you Des.

IN. THE. ARTICLE. IN. THE. BIT. EB. QUOTED. ON. HERE.

I'm reading it, but still no mention of Rangers.

Stop making stuff up will you.

Child murders, Rangers fans involved, any more tall tales?

I'm reading it, but still no mention of Rangers.

Stop making stuff up will you.

Child murders, Rangers fans involved, any more tall tales?

He was not wearing any football colours but cops believe the confrontation was triggered by the Old Firm game.

Three men, all aged 21, were arrested in connection with the incident and are expected at Glasgow Sheriff Court today

I appreciate you are being loyal to your new Rangers chums, but get a grip. They were wearing Rangers tops.

I appreciate you are being loyal to your new Rangers chums, but get a grip. They were wearing Rangers tops.
    Nice edit.

EB never admitted it.
    there is nothing other than hearsay to suggest that it was actually Rangers fans, as it seems neither party involved were wearing any colours.

So, given your history of lies in this thread, I believe the guy who actually lives in Glasgow.

Three men, all aged 21, were arrested in connection with the incident and are expected at Glasgow Sheriff Court today

Where does it say they were wearing rangers tops ONYD?

Cops believe the attack was triggered by the old firm game, doesnt mean that they were wearing any colours.

And i have already stated that whatever it was about, any murder is a vile act.
    But yes, i would have to say that a Child being murdered is a lot sadder than a middle aged man.

Anyway, this thread is geng way out of hand.

Football anyone?! :D

Anyway, this thread is geng way out of hand.

Football anyone?! :D
    Phew.

I still think Rangers are going out. :D

I hope the game gets taken to extra time and penalties with Rangers going out from a penalty that was almost saved but squirmed in. I then hope the flight back to Glasgow is grounded because of weather for about 12 hours!

Your probably right, im certainly not confident.

but i very much would like to see Mutu do his spoiled brat routine again after this match....or even during it, like when Vieri told him to GTF away from the freekick! :D

I hope the game gets taken to extra time and penalties with Rangers going out from a penalty that was almost saved but squirmed in. I then hope the flight back to Glasgow is grounded because of weather for about 12 hours!

lol..."Alright lads, were gonna need to get changed on the plane! Weve no time for dressing rooms when we get to Easter Road."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

lol..."Alright lads, were gonna need to get changed on the plane! Weve no time for dressing rooms when we get to Easter Road."

Nah no fear there EB, yous would just get an extension. ;):D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

There should be a warning when entering this forum that 'most threads will be derailed to topics unrelated to football'

not if we get beat....that would mean i owed ziggy 50 euros!
    ive already emailed Gordon Smith to inform him of this, hes on the case as we speak.....:p:D

not if we get beat....that would mean i owed ziggy 50 euros!
    ive already emailed Gordon Smith to inform him of this, hes on the case as we speak.....:p:D

Ah yes, I see the plot thicken... Fir Park unplayable again at the weekend, meaning it's CELTIC'S fault that the league needs to be extended. :D:D:D

Does your garden hose stretch down to Fir Park EB? ;)

Well we did have a fantastic thunder and lightning show the other day which did put a bit of rain on Fir Park

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ah yes, I see the plot thicken... Fir Park unplayable again at the weekend, meaning it's CELTIC'S fault that the league needs to be extended. :D:D:D

Does your garden hose stretch down to Fir Park EB? ;)

lol, i can always give it a try!

In saying that, there have been some fairly heavy downpours in the last couple of days.
    cracking thunderstorms too

Well we did have a fantastic thunder and lightning show the other day which did put a bit of rain on Fir Park

I wonder is there a chance the match will be called off, seriously? Hope not. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah the SPL and SFA did this so that Fir Park would be unplayable ;)

Yeah the SPL and SFA did this so that Fir Park would be unplayable ;)

That Gordon Smith...hes a swine....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement