Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ive got a bit of a semi....(Uefa Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

LOL

Vieri is a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Novoooooooooooooooooooo

YAY

\o/

Well done Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Well done Rangers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That's fecked up my trip to Dundee now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gwan the gers.

Really didnt se them goign through after missing the first.

Fair play. well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Knew it! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Serves Fiorentina right with that silly play-acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

congrats rangers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Delighted for Rangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well done Rangers. You've been better than Celtic in every regard this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Puts me one step closer to having the last laugh over those who laughed at me when I said they'd win it back before the quarters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus Christ, there isn't an ounce of football in Rangers. Wimbledon on a European stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

That's fecked up my trip to Dundee now :mad:

I would have thought not having to go to Dundee would be a good thing :p

Congratulations to Rangers. Who would have thought a Rangers vs St Petersburg final in the UEFA Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wow didn't expect a British club to win a peno shootout

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

They may not be stylish but they sure are effective. though as a Villa fan the thought of Steven Davis winning a UEFA Cup medal makes me think what a crazy world we live in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its kicking off in the stands - Gers fans under seige well maybe not quite a seige.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

congrats Gers!

Can't believe Vieri was the week link though!

Is Anderson a liverpool fan? had a touch of the Grobbelaar/Dudek's about him for the pens. Looked to have psyched out for guy for the one he saved after he approached him too, great save though.

They may not be stylish but they sure are effective. though as a Villa fan the thought of Steven Davis winning a UEFA Cup medal makes me think what a crazy world we live in!

Djimi Traore, European Cup winner.

mike65 wrote: »
    Its kicking off in the stands - Gers fans under seige well maybe not quite a seige.

Mike.

The probably tried to march their traditional route down through the home end ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, there isn't an ounce of football in Rangers. Wimbledon on a European stage.
    It wasn't pretty, but I thought it was a brilliant display of defensive football. Fiorentina had all of the ball and did virtually nothing with it.

All the Celtic haters on boards will love them anyway as their Scottish football (sic) team, just look at the post 2 up from yours.

Some idiots around here have just started letting off fireworks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well done to Rangers,nice to see a Scotish team getting somewhere in Europe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Kevster wrote: »
    Well done Rangers. You've been better than Celtic in every regard this season.

you have got to be kidding me? did you see the game? or either of the old firms this month?

Rangers are well drilled, organised and most of all lucky.

Regardless of my opinions on Rangers, its depressing to see such cynical, negative tactics get to a European final. Fiorentina are a top Italian club, they should be used to facing defensive sides and breaking them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Football 0.....Anti-Football 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Djimi Traore, European Cup winner.

and lets not forget vlad smicer coming off the bench to help win a european cup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

This is disaster,worse team passed to the final.This was same game as last summer in Belgrade against Zvezda,i was there and i was saying,is this real rangers or what,this was same game,what kind of play was that?Defensive,they bloody even play it better than italians who are masters of defensive play,i am disgusted with this playing of Rangers and they definitly didnt deserved to win,hope Zenit will win the final anyway

This is disaster,worse team passed to the final.This was same game as last summer in Belgrade against Zvezda,i was there and i was saying,is this real rangers or what,this was same game,what kind of play was that?Defensive,they bloody even play it better than italians who are masters of defensive play,i am disgusted with this playing of Rangers and they definitly didnt deserved to win,hope Zenit will win the final anyway

Does it really matter what you, me, Celtic fans, or any other person who cares to comment thinks?

Football is about results and trophies.

Rangers have a chance to win a trophy. Fio, simply, don't.

Do you think the Rangers fans care how they got to the final.

I seriously doubt it.

There is not ONE fan of any club who would take beautiful flowing second or third place football over trophies.

I guarantee that.

Who would you prefer to be right now?

Gordon Strachan looking at a trophyless season, or Walter Smith looking at a possible quadruple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Tell all the tims you know
    That were going to Manchester theyre no!
    Well be havin such fun
    In the Rovers Return
    Oh were in the final
    Theyre no!

I dont care how we got there, they couldnt score against us...and the last time i looked defending was a major part of football.

Mutu
    Liedson
    Diego
    Messi
    Ronaldinho

Just the beggining of a list of players who didnt have the imagination or the ability to score against us at ibrox.

Thank you to all the well wishers who are happpy for us, against all odds to get there.

As for the rest...
    2 shots all game. One on 77 and one on 84..
    To borrow a Kerrymans phrase - puke football.
    It will be the biggest heist in Italian history if they steal this.
    taidghbaby wrote: »
    is the match still on.....i fell asleep
    you have got to be kidding me? did you see the game? or either of the old firms this month?

Rangers are well drilled, organised and most of all lucky.

Regardless of my opinions on Rangers, its depressing to see such cynical, negative tactics get to a European final. Fiorentina are a top Italian club, they should be used to facing defensive sides and breaking them down.
    Football 0.....Anti-Football 2

WHo Cares?

Get it right up ye!:D:D:D

First thing, why do people on here let their hatred for Celtic impact on their football opinion? Anyone who loves football would be saying what the **** was that(as delija server and others have said) Rangers are an ugly team at the moment, but people on here will say '''yay rangers'' because of an anti-Celtic agenda.

I hope and know Zenit will walk all over Rangers in the final...can't wait for Dad's army to be embarrassed.

• Advertisement

Hey EB.

Congrats.

By the way, I found something out today.

We have the same birthday:)

DesF wrote: »
    Does it really matter what you, me, Celtic fans, or any other person who cares to comment thinks?

Football is about results and trophies.

Rangers have a chance to win a trophy. Fio, simply, don't.

Do you think the Rangers fans care how they got to the final.

I seriously doubt it.

There is not ONE fan of any club who would take beautiful flowing second or third place football over trophies.

I guarantee that.

Who would you prefer to be right now?

Gordon Strachan looking at a trophyless season, or Walter Smith looking at a possible quadruple?

But the point Des, is for the neutral, that was dogshít in a bap.

So will the final. Irrelevent to your opinions on the dark hoards, there is a cynicism across football, 451 is becoming more and more common, and its awful to watch. And Rangers are the most extreme example of this cynical, awful style of ball.

First thing, why do people on here let their hatred for Celtic impact on their football opinion? Anyone who loves football would be saying what the **** was that(as delija server and others have said) Rangers are an ugly team at the moment, but people on here will say '''yay rangers'' because of an anti-Celtic agenda.

Oh dry yer eyes.

People are genuinely happy to see a team...who really have been underdogs in EVERY game so far get to the final.

Your just jealous esteban...after all, you could have made it eh?

Eirebear wrote: »

As for the rest...

WHo Cares?

Oi!, WTF? Where am I in that list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Love all the "congrats rangers" b0llox to show how sphisticated we are in celtic Ireland (or just plain to rile up celtic fans).:rolleyes:

No fan of football should be congratulating that shower of **** tonight. If it was a continental team no one would be saying congratulations.

Fvcking sickening. :mad:

Hey EB.

Congrats.

By the way, I found something out today.

We have the same birthday:)

Ah sure, Twas a good day to be born eh?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Tell all the tims you know
    That were going to Manchester theyre no!
    Well be havin such fun
    In the Rovers Return
    Oh were in the final
    Theyre no!

I dont care how we got there, they couldnt score against us...and the last time i looked defending was a major part of football.

Mutu
    Liedson
    Diego
    Messi
    Ronaldinho

Just the beggining of a list of players who didnt have the imagination or the ability to score against us at ibrox.

Thank you to all the well wishers who are happpy for us, against all odds to get there.

As for the rest...

WHo Cares?

I give you great credit for posting on this forum...although it is made slightly easier with the anti-Celtic bias which exists.;)

But the point Des, is for the neutral, that was dogshít in a bap.
    But the point is ONYD, fúck the neutral.

If it gets trophies, so be it.

As I said, Rangers are looking at a quadruple.

Other teams aren't.

Oi!, WTF? Where am I in that list :D

LOL! :D

I didnt think i needed to mention you....you know im thinking of you anyway! :D:p

Oh, and Ziggy....im happy to say the bets off!

• Advertisement

Babybing wrote: »
    Love all the "congrats rangers" b0llox to show how sphisticated we are in celtic Ireland (or just plain to rile up celtic fans).:rolleyes:

No fan of football should be congratulating that shower of **** tonight. If it was a continental team no one would be saying congratulations.

It is so obvious that a lot of folk on here hate Celtic

As was eloquently put earlier
    I simply hate Celtic

The gas thing is that they think this makes them better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hope and know Zenit will walk all over Rangers in the final...can't wait for Dad's army to be embarrassed.

In all fairness, if you can't score in 210 minutes, you have no right to expect to be in the final, so Fiorentina have only theselves to blame. Rangers got lucky, fair enough - better to be lucky than lose.€

Be an interesting final, though. Don't know enough about Zenith to predict.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The gas thing is that they think this makes them better
    Better?

Than who?

But the point is ONYD, fúck the neutral.

If it gets trophies, so be it.

As I said, Rangers are looking at a quadruple.

Other teams aren't.

Fine, but as Babybing hits the nail on the head, why are people congratulating Rangers? It was awful and it should be said that its awful and we as fans of the beautiful game are entitled to be worried about this thread. If I want to watch lines of defenders clattering anyone who runs near them and hoof the ball anywhere, I'll watch the Gah.

People are trying too hard to be 'right on' and not criticise Rangers, even when they produce that.

Enjoy the gloat EB. You deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Babybing wrote: »

Get over yourself.
    Fine, but as Babybing hits the nail on the head, why are people congratulating Rangers? It was awful and it should be said that its awful and we as fans of the beautiful game are entitled to be worried about this thread. If I want to watch lines of defenders clattering anyone who runs near them and hoof the ball anywhere, I'll watch the Gah.

People are trying too hard to be 'right on' and not criticise Rangers, even when they produce that.

Enjoy the gloat EB. You deserve it.

I dotn follow Celtic, yet if they had been in the Semi's and I congratulated them on winning that would be ok? But congratulating Rangers is only to rile you lot up?

A big :rolleyes: to the lot of you.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    In all fairness, if you can't score in 210 minutes, you don't deserve to be in the final

As opposed to the buckets of goals Rangers produced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great year for Scottish football it seems, good for them.

It's even greater to see Zenit get into the final. When I was growing up there were always great east European teams, but since I've gotten older they've really dropped off. Good to see them challenging for some silverware again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

First of all its not server but sever:D
    I am not saying nothing about it they shouldnt play final or something,ok,they were lucky and they did it,congrats,i was just a neutral guy who thinks this game sucked and who will say that no matter which teams are on the pitch,Rangers,Barca,Juve....it just sucked
    I just dont like this way to win the game thats all

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    In all fairness, if you can't score in 210 minutes, you don't deserve to be in the final

Neither team deserved to be in the final then

Stekelly wrote: »
    Get over yourself.

Ok then Ste. Why is a Tallaght man cheering on Rangers?

Honestly?

As opposed to the buckets of goals Rangers produced?
    Nice point.

But, they won it on Penalties. Which is the way to seperate teams who draw over two legs.

Look, Rangers are in the Final, by hook or by crook.

Being bitter about it won't change the fact.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement