Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Evo 5 AYC servicing

Options
  • 24-04-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how easy is it to service the AYC in an Evo 5.

The car is just in from japan and it needs some work. Service, timing belt etc.

The AYC light goes off when I turn on the ignition but after driving for about 10 min the light comes back on. I don't think its broke as the car runs smoothly and there is no noise or banging, the light would stay on at ignition time if there was a major problem. A mate of mine recons its needs a service, as the oil in it can thin out in it over time, its also states under the bonnet @ what mileage the AYC needs to be serviced and its at that now.

He also said that I'd wanna get someone who knows what they are doing to service it. Has anyone any suggestions on where would be a good place to get it done. or would I myself be able to do it?

any info is appreciated

Cheers
    G.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

grahambo wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how easy is it to service the AYC in an Evo 5.

The car is just in from japan and it needs some work. Service, timing belt etc.

The AYC light goes off when I turn on the ignition but after driving for about 10 min the light comes back on. I don't think its broke as the car runs smoothly and there is no noise or banging, the light would stay on at ignition time if there was a major problem. A mate of mine recons its needs a service, as the oil in it can thin out in it over time, its also states under the bonnet @ what mileage the AYC needs to be serviced and its at that now.

He also said that I'd wanna get someone who knows what they are doing to service it. Has anyone any suggestions on where would be a good place to get it done. or would I myself be able to do it?

any info is appreciated

Cheers
    G.

its a common problem, well not a problem to be honest, you need the ayc serviced.

theres a few ways to do it. either by mitsuu II machine or something similar to that, i cant remember or you can manually pupm out all the old oil and replace it.

i know a guy in crumlin/Drimnigh who i used to all my work including fiting new springs and top mounts etc etc and full ayc servicing.

i will PM you his number if you want to have a chat and make up your own mind about him. he knows everything you need to know about evo's and is currently going through rebuild on his own to get it up to 600bhp.

he also has the machine to connect it up to make sure its not running lean and if your getting any knocking etc etc

if your gona get it mapped for 95 ron (or 99ron E5) then i would recommend Ai Autosport in belfast www.aiautosport.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

thank you kindly

I will give him a bell this evening. do you have any idea how long the service takes to do?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

grahambo wrote: »
    thank you kindly

I will give him a bell this evening. do you have any idea how long the service takes to do?

it would take the day to do a full service.
    ie. timing belt, and all the little bells and whistles that has to be done with the belt like ater pump if necessary, theres also a small little belt that has to be changed with it too.

ayc service and then the usual oil, and filters.

Advertisement