Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ads.boards.ie hanging

Options
  • 24-04-2008 2:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else noticing that page loads are really slow? It says "waiting for ads.boards.ie". It's taking over 30 seconds for pages to load at the moment.

/edit: Okay, just as I posted that, it seemed to sort itself out :pac:.

/edit 2: Doing it again with a vengeance.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yep. Same here. I'm seeing the navbar and nothing else sometimes.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Noticed this, dropped the ads for the moment to investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

still seems to be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'm just getting "waiting for fogra.boards.ie" :confused::confused:then page loads it's loveliness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Same problem here. I got around it by disabling javascript for the site.
    Using Firefox with noscript add on.

Same problem here. I got around it by disabling javascript for the site.
    Using Firefox with noscript add on.

Ta for the tip. Installed on FF 2.0.0.14 ,pages loading as normal but I've lost the forum type drop downs at the top of the page. Am I blocking too much? Had a mess around with settings but when I get the forum drop downs back the site hangs again.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah keeps hanging on fogra.boards.ie for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did a bit of sniffing, and the delay seems to occur between loading the bit of javascript that retrieves the data for the Recent Updates window to the right of the main page and the data to fill it actually arriving. No activity, except for a few ACK's in the meantime, which can last up to 20 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

is this being looked into?

Its taking at least 20 seconds to load every page, its hanging on loading "fogra.boards.ie" everytime, so annoying

• Advertisement

Server that hosts things like boards.tv, the wiki, podcasts etc is under high load right now and is causing that particular problem. I've removed the section until I can get the load issue resolved.

If you notice the ads at the top of the page hanging or causing the forums to hang let me know as that pays my wages and I would like to keep it working :)

CuLT wrote: »
    If you notice the ads at the top of the page hanging or causing the forums to hang let me know as that pays my wages and I would like to keep it working :)
    As good a reason to keep the site running smoothly as I ever heard. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

fogra is causing a 15-20 second delay on every page load for me again today. Was doing earlier in the week, then seemed fine yesterday, now back again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Same here. Im going nuts. Doesnt help that my own machine has been having tantrums lately that boards cant comfort me and go ah there there Overheal at least we're here for you.

Cos its not!

*hides in the corner sobbing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is getting mightily annoying. I demand that something be done!

Honestly, we need to get in servers that are powered by the heart of a forsaken child.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a single problem at all since the problem with the updates on the front page hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I thought it was just my computer in work. But it's taking between 15-20 seconds to load each page.

Strange, not seing any problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Its after taking me about 5 minutes just to get as far as posting this. Each page is taking OVER A MINUTE to load. Was like this yesterday evening for me as well. A little bit slow I can handle but what this is mental.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No problems here. Firefox 3 beta 5 windows xp.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

No problems with me either at the moment. Mac OSX.5 running FF 2.0.0.14

Still the same today. Vista running FF 2.0.0.14

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'm having the same problem. 15/20 seconds for the page to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Fine here for days. Mac OSX.4 FF2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hanging sometimes...
    FF2 vista business...that won't help :s

It was noticeably hanging when I posted yesterday. FF3.5b Vista HP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No issues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Completely unable to get past the DHMTL menu loading.

I'm using the Mobile skin at the moment and thats working fine, just some functionality missing.

What does Fogra mean anyway and why would you name your node that?

Obviously still experiencing some slowdowns here, but nothing too major. maybe 15 second hang or so per page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Fogra" is the Irish for "announcement" / "notice" and possibly "advertisement".

http://www.englishirishdictionary.com/dictionary

Advertisement